Designer1

Tried out the Hunter and Monk. Both are good fun and I especially enjoyed the latter.

I'll probably go for a Wizard and Monk on launch as they have been the two I have enjoyed most. All of the classes have decent mechanics though and the the game looks stunning. I can't wait until the 15th.

Thorodin#2879 is my BattleTag if any of you want to add me for future online play. Pop me a PM on here if you do please so I know who it is adding me.

Just want to say thanks to Briggaman for drawing attention to the open beta. I'd have probably missed it otherwise.

Never had so much difficulty getting a game to work. Had so many problems trying to get the installer to work. Many hours of downloading and fiddling with files trying to get to the login screen. But i finally got there.

Played so far with Barbarian, Monk and currently Witch Doctor. Monk seriously kicks ass with a few clicks of the button, far too easily really. Might get time to experiment with 1 or 2 other characters before beta through.

Really enjoyed the game, cant wait to explore the full game.

Well, the game if offline at the moment and i was reading the diablo forums. I saw someone post a link giving an idea of preorder sales for the game.

Just wow! 615,145 as of April 14th, x $60 = $36 million+

link

And that was just over a week ago. Just the USA, and i'm sure they've had orders pouring in with the open beta. They're going to make an absolute fortune.

It's a different beast entirely to WoW. Sure, there are some similarities as it is a Blizz game.

Playing the game itself is completely different to playing WoW. It's a dungeon crawler as opposed to an MMO.

Someone posted on the D3 forum some of the differences:

1. No roles - I don't have to worry that my spec is undesirable, nor will I ever get stuck in some boring role.

2. Entirely soloable - I never have to play with a jerk just because I need them to finish content.

3. Not PvP-centric - I don't have to worry about ganking or PvP concerns ruining my gaming experience. No PvP gear to waste time on.

4. No mods - I never have to be forced to use mod X to compete.

5. No fighting over loot - All the loot I see is all mine.

6. Random areas - No more running the same dungeon over and over again. It may be the same dungeons, but there will be enough variation to quell the boredom.

7. No raids - Absolutely no content that was made specifically to be completed by hardcore raiders or other vocal minorities.

8. No talent trees - WoW is about to fix this one, though

9. Play the same quests as your friends - You can always group no matter what quest you are on.

10. No more uneven play at endgame - The gameplay is the same whether at endgame or leveling. No learning how to play 1-59 only to turn around and have to relearn the game at 60.

11. No instance queues - No more waiting around for other people just to experience the content.

Is there a monthly fee like WoW?

No, just the purchase of the game. Though they let people spend real money at the ingame auction house if they're daft enough! (believe you can use ingame money too)

I enjoyed the beta, and it was fun playing with others too. Though sometimes they'd run off or click things so I would miss the story.

Would the best idea be to play through single player by yourself and just add others when you're stuck? or add people when you're replaying areas?

You can play the entire game by yourself if you wish.

As with most games though grouping can break it up a bit better and make it a bit more interesting.

I will personally be mixing it up throughout. If any of you want to group then just add me (I gave my tag on the last page) and we can do some group questing when it launches.

Diablo 2 stole about 5 years of my life

Ill be glad to play with u guys but i will be playing hardcore mode its the only way the game is meant to be played i love the atmosphere of playing it knowing that if you die it will be your last death no retry's :P

Ive been warming up playing torchlight on very hard its no diablo but very similar

• 2 weeks later...

I loved d2 and have been waiting for this for ages, I avoided the beta because it was always going to be more fun getting the whole game at once.

Would the best idea be to play through single player by yourself and just add others when you're stuck? or add people when you're replaying areas?

I am planning on having a couple of complete runs with groups of friends and then some that I play solo/with randoms.

It looks like Blizz have gone and messed up again. I had everything installed and ready, yet now it needs to all be done again:

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below

2. Point the download save at the same directory as before

3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer

New EU English Installer (Mac)

New German Installer

New German Installer (Mac)

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.

I tried to add it to the correct directory, yet it downloaded the entire game again for me. It then hit an error saying it hadn't installed properly. I am currently downloading it all again. Absolute pain...

Â