Designer1

Can't wait, although I will be avoiding GW2 like the plague.

Have Diablo III ordered already from Blizz and am ready to go on launch day.

My biggest issue will be juggling time between this and Tera. I'm not sure how my life will fall between them both, although that's a minor concern.

ive never played a diablo game, what is it similar to?

It's a dungeon crawler. Have you ever played Torchlight?

Other than that I have never really played anything similar to Diablo. The art design in this latest iteration is closer to that of WoW though. Watch some videos and check it out.

ive never played a diablo game, what is it similar to?

It's an odd question to ask, because games are usually described as being similar to Diablo.

Was beginning to wonder if Diablo 3 would get a mention here. Such a huge fan base for the series, but not many villatalkers it seems.

Loved Diablo 2. Not had chance to try the beta for Diablo 3.

I was going to buy as soon as released, but heard a lot of negatives aside from the positives..that i'm going to wait for the real feedback from players. Hope it is bloody good of course, but heard a lot of disappointment from some Diablo fans. Although, they have all but seen just a tiny fraction of the full game anyway.

Diablo fans were complaining because the early screenshots of the game weren't brown on brown. Didn't they organise some kind of stupid petition saying that the game was too colourful? Idiots. :lol:

Blizz need to get a bloody grip. Making a mess of this already. I know it's a stress test, yet they have plenty of experience with them.

This is why a single player game should not require you to be online...

I know it's a stress test.

It's a beta. You are a beta tester if you sign up for it. I know other companies will call a playable demo a beta because they think it makes their game sound more important (and people lap it up) but Blizzard betas tend to actually be betas.

I just find it hard to believe that their servers are having such an issue. Three hours later and I still can't get in. It's just not good enough from such a big company with so much experience.

Tera has been much smoother and that's an MMO. This is a single player game that they are forcing people to go online to play.

Their servers are getting absolutely hammered with all the people trying to get online. And this isnt a launch, it is a stress test which probably means Blizzard are playing around with configurations as we speak. And Diablo is a multiplayer game. The multiplayer is the reason why Diablo 2 (released in June 2000) is still getting patched!

There's info on the login page saying that stress test is doing its job - highlighting issues for Blizzard. This weekend is not about giving people a painless free trial of Diablo 3, nor is it indicative of Blizzard "not being good enough" - it's Blizzard knowing exactly what they're doing.

"The stress test is off to a great start as we've identified some immediate issues which we are now working to address. We've temporarily capped the number of people in the game and so you will likely see an Error 37 until we address some of the login and stability issues and are able to allow more people in. Again thank you for your help in putting the service through its paces, and ask that you please keep checking back as we continue to improve service stability"

As it happens, I got in without much issue about 30 minutes ago. And again just now. Just make sure you keep your region set as The Americas as they are the only servers they are stressing and as such, the only servers online.

Got on just after my last post, despite having it set to the American server all night.

Enjoying it thus far. I've played Witch Doctor, Wizard and Barbarian. I have clocked the most time on the Wizard and am liking that class a lot. Not sure on the Barbarian, although I have only spent like 15 minutes with that class. The Witch Doctor seems like it could be good fun though.

This game is going to suck up my life when it comes out on the 15th...

Yeah, the game is absolutely solid. Very addictive. I hear this particular client build isn't optimised in any way so I'm interested to see the performance gains in the retain version.

I've tried out a Witch Doctor, Wizard and a Monk. Gotta say the Monk is seriously good fun what with beating the shit out of everything with my fists and feet.

I need to pre-order this.

Â