What I miss about being down the (old) Villa - nostalgia

mottaloo

, the days when you could talk to your mates who had just been down to the match, home and away, proper fans, who paid their money and gave their time - now we have to listen to points of view from people who in some cases probably have never ever been to VP, bring back the days of no www. and most importantly NO Sky TV.

Big big yes - some years ago I did post that everyone should have their age in the profile & start any comment with - I was at the match today - plus- I have played football for a team and I understand the game - because reading some on the diatribe, it often didn't appear so.

Nostalgia - what about the letters along the hoardings for the half time scores - occasionally the guy would drop the numbers in the wrong way round - oh the excitement of thinking Torquay were beating York City,,,,, for a few short minutes!

Remember my first game was against Oldham in the 92/93 season. Had been begging my Dad to take me or ages. Was in the North Stand upper and will never forget walking up what seemed like a hundred flights of stairs to see Villa Park in all it's glory. Turned round to my dad and went "aaaaawwwwww dad!". Had Villa in my veins ever since. Grounds changed a bit since then. Still miss the Trinity facade but overall still get that buzz when I go through the turnstile.

Remember my first game was against Oldham in the 92/93 season. Had been begging my Dad to take me or ages. Was in the North Stand upper and will never forget walking up what seemed like a hundred flights of stairs to see Villa Park in all it's glory. Turned round to my dad and went "aaaaawwwwww dad!". Had Villa in my veins ever since. Grounds changed a bit since then. Still miss the Trinity facade but overall still get that buzz when I go through the turnstile.

You mean the one where we lost 0-1 to Oldham and handed the title to United? I remember it but not with any fondness.

That said I am nostalgic for the football we played earlier that season.

• 7 years later...
On 08/04/2012 at 13:04, coda said:

The left side!

I was the left side, but now I am right. (Stood on the left, sit on the right) 

Edited by sidcow

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The left side, right side thing... how does it work? I sit in L3, so as I look at the pitch the Holte End goals are in front of me, to my left. So I am right side or left side?

You, sir, are Right Side, and thus on the side of the angels. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You, sir, are Right Side, and thus on the side of the angels. 

I started on the right side, and after more than 10 years, moved to the left side. Fallen angel, I guess.

Â