Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

West Ham are playing death or glory, if they do go down they are really really going to be in big trouble. As far as I know, this money is being borrowed on the value of the club, not donated by the biscuit farmer. Expect some "unusual" results involving West Ham towards the end of the season.

Slightly more on topic, West Ham have some good players ( good enough for the FA cup final last year ) who are being displaced by all these signings they're trying to make. Surely there are one or two players here we can get ?

Why is every other club stupid and Villa is not? I would really like to know this...

Neill has a clause saying that he is released if they go down. Whats in this release clause we dont know...maybe he is released if a club give £?m for him...and maybe West Ham has a clause saying that if they go down he only get half salary if no one wants to buy him. Dont take for granted that all other clubs, their managers and their board are stupid idiots that pay over the hill for players and throw money around.

Get real and please show respect for other clubs that are trying to change their fortune by showing ambition and willingness to spend.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have so many wrongs when you write LukeMoore...

Unlike saying lucas neil is world class :lol::lol:

Bardsley might turn out good but as I see it you rate Bardsley higher than Neill...on what facts?

You've accused me of things i have written before please start reading, i think neil is a better player than bardsley right now, however and this is the big point of the debate i would not want villa to pay someone like neil the money west ham are paying him.

havent seen many...if any...saying that we want Lucas Neill...I for one has said that West Ham show ambition and sign players. There is a world difference there my friend.

If no one wants neil then why all the **** moaning, let west ham have him.

I wasn't really arsed about Lucas Neill, or Boa Morte, or any other transfer so far (well, I would have liked Henrik Larsson, but...)

I am a little miffed about Lauren though.

Still, we get Bardsley in, and people in his position make moves, so we made the wrong decision. We don't sign anyone early, we make the wrong decision...

I dunno, not having a dig at anyone, just pointing out - and having a little chuckle - at the irony.

Personally, I just want February 1st to get here!

OK, all I have read for the last 10 pages or so is whether Lucas Neill is World Class or a pile of crap. To be fair, he's neither.

Neill is a very good player, he is a better player (at the moment) than Bardsley, Bardsley however does have very good potential. I am also sure that he could play for Liverpool, Barca etc and play well. The thing is though at those clubs he would be a squad player and his salary would be comfortable, but not massive, probably £30-40K a week.

What West Ham are offering though is pretty much guarenteed 1st team football and a salary ranging from 50-75K a week. That is why he is (probably, not confirmed yet though) going to West Ham.

Yes he could do very well for Villa but if he did, then we would have to offer the sort of wages West Ham are offering and to be frank, he is not worth that much. I would much rather see us have Bardsley on loan until the end of the season and then get someone else (or possibly Bardsley ,can't predict exactly what will happen. Probably going back to Man Utd but we shall see) who's wage demands will be considerably less but who's skills are of equal or better standards than that of Neills.

A little disappointed with Laursen going to Portsmouth, though my thoughts are if MON wanted him, we would go for him. He would be good for a few seasons but I think MON is thinking longer term than that.

Also, a little surprised no one has mentioned this yet: RONALDINHO

I know, I know, never going to happen, but we could give him the support he wants plus a new challenge for him. The possibility is there...

I hope wet spam keep paying out these over the top wages, wouldn't you just love to see them 'doing a leeds' :)

That would be hilarious. Also to see Newcastle go down as well, both of their wage bills would screw them in the championship and also losing all of their good players as well :lol:

I hope wet spam keep paying out these over the top wages, wouldn't you just love to see them 'doing a leeds' :)

That would be hilarious. Also to see Newcastle go down as well, both of their wage bills would screw them in the championship and also losing all of their good players as well :lol:

Don't say that, you'll be told off for disrespecting other clubs.

or they could do a portsmouth by avoiding relegation and then challenging for europe next season attracting players to the club, that we only wish we could see playing for villa! :winkold:

tell what these desperation moves by the Hammers tell you that without PL they aare **** !!!!

I mean they are paying such an huge amount for Neil it is stupid.

The football world is imploding