Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has this Harewood rumour come from?

Villa are weighing up a £3m move for West Ham powerhouse Marlon Harewood to solve their striker crisis.

The 25-year-old may be surplus to requirements at Upton Park if the Hammers sign Charlton striker Darren Bent.

Villa are showing an interest in the former Nottingham Forest man as one as several options being assessed.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is keen on Bent, who he snapped up for Charlton for a bargain £2m from Ipswich 18 months ago.

click

If Harewood signs then i will shout and scream and throw things and generally have a hissy fit.

Then i'll calm down and give him a chance.

But i'd be **** bitter about it!

im the same, but i will be very reluctant to give him a chance, as i've feared us signing harewood or zamora for months now

please don't martin, just don't

That's frustrating if it happens. It should be Villa signing Bent, not West Ham!

However, I actually think Marlon "neck wider than head" Harewood could do a job for us - not the long term answer, but a powerful young striker who could get us 15 goals a season with the right management and service from the wings.

Harewood I feel is a Championship player, he's hardly seeting the world alight at West Ham so why should he be good enough for the Villa? The signing of Harewood I feel would be an absolute embarrassment!

I really hope this is nothing more than 'paper talk'.

He (Harewood) is also the ugliest player I've ever seen, apart from Phil Nevlle that is!

Harewood is good when you use him to his strengths. IMO not a bad signing if it happens!

Bloody awful signing. See that at the end it's a Full stop, sign him and you might as well get in Lennon and Savage and call us Leicester.....

A random and almost certainly fabricated link and people have got their razor blades out already.

Absolutely ridiculous.

i will be very reluctant to give him a chance

How on earth can people say things like that?

A random and almost certainly fabricated link and people have got their razor blades out already.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Because it sets rather a poor tone, considering Villa have certain aspirations, this signing would be a travesty.

If indeed there is any truth to it at all?!

Harewood is good when you use him to his strengths. IMO not a bad signing if it happens!

Bloody awful signing. See that at the end it's a Full stop, sign him and you might as well get in Lennon and Savage and call us Leicester.....

Give him a chance!. it's only paper talk. so chill out

Give him a chance!. it's only paper talk. so chill out

Shouldnt we judge a player on his merits after he signs for us?

Who are we to say he wont score 20 goals a season for us....

He was decnt last season IIRC.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Because it sets rather a poor tone, considering Villa have certain aspirations, this signing would be a travesty.

So you think it's right that he shouldn't even be given a chance if our manager decides that he is the player he wants to sign?

You don't have to think he's a great player, you have the right to consider other players to be better options, but to not even give him a chance before he's even signed?

(disclaimer - I don't think that he will sign, but I think it's very worrying if we're going to go through this horrific wailing and gnashing of teeth every time we sign somebody who isn't Thierry Henry or Ronaldinho)

Come on, if it happens give him a chance.

Lets face it, he may be ugly as ****, but - he is the kind of strong, big, built like a shithouse striker we need.

We need a big guy up there to cause some problems for CB´s in the Premiership, The strikers we have now cant do it.

Marlon wouldnt be my first choice, but it isn´t me thats in charge it´s MON and if MON wants him I´ll back him all the way...

Barry to Spurs wont happen, hes not gonna leave now after deciding to stay in the summer. On top of that he would cost a fortune, wouldn't swap him for Keane + Defoe. Quiet day on the transfer front for this to resurface. Chill, wont happen.

the source was from Fansfc just showing u what i have seen on the net

that'll be along with us signing 'digruntled superstar' then ;-)

No problem but stick the source in whne you put in a story please