• Bannan
    • Lichaj
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Garnder (for Heskey 58)
    • Weimann (for Herd 73)
    • Carruthers (for Bannan 86)

Just waiting to hear from someone who went but it sounds like McLeish deserves some plaudits for this point

Considering the team we had out, this is a fantastic point and hopefully will add confidence and something to build on before tomorrows game which is massive

Great performance by team, Given and Collins, in particular, have been irreducible in defence of the goal. But also Lichay, Herd and Bannan prove that they are ready for the first team. And I have appreciated even the spirit with which AML knocked his chest saying: with the heart.

Ecellent point, considering the precarious position we find ourselves in and having to put out a makeshift side (for a visit to Anfield anyway).

Herds goal was well picked out, but its almost like teams expect to get steamrollered at Liverpool and sit back. Stand-out players were Collins and Given, but it was nice to see us get a bit of luck for a change. I bet Kuyt will be replaying that sitter for a long time (snigger).

Should have had a penalty last knockings, but it probably balanced out on possible decisions that could have gone against us. I'm just thankful that Suarez reputaion precedes him. And having to listen to the inane mumblings from Dalgleish about 'refs' just made the point even more satisfying. Thats one particular crown I would'nt mind seeing slip.

Hope we can carry this fighting spirit on into the Stoke game, which could be another hard-earned point, but I think yesterdays effort bodes well for the last few games. I said the other day that two wins and two draws were possible, which did'nt include yesterdays, so that was a bonus.

Just waiting to hear from someone who went

Just back from the match, good point considering we had a few square pegs in round holes today. I'm not a big fan of Collins but he was immense today. I thought Bannan was below average today but he did a job. Heskey's lack of mobility stood out but as TrentVilla points out it's a point closer to safety and a point closer to driving McLeish out once safety is achieved.

This isn't a defence of McLeish but he was urging the team forward today but the lack of composure on the ball meant we were being forced back. Hutton was the biggest culprit of this.

All in all a decent day out.

No nearer the end game as the poster with the awful feeling about today predicted though.

Very pleased with what for me at least was an unexpected point. I am still firmly of the opinion our performances are in spite of McLeish not because of him.

It was gritty and determined and lets not forget the number of academy players we are using. The big plus for me is that we are a least finding out whether these players have a first team future at the club.

Just back from the match, good point considering we had a few square pegs in round holes today. I'm not a big fan of Collins but he was immense today. I thought Bannan was below average today but he did a job. Heskey's lack of mobility stood out but as TrentVilla points out it's a point closer to safety and a point closer to driving McLeish out once safety is achieved.

This isn't a defence of McLeish but he was urging the team forward today but the lack of composure on the ball meant we were being forced back. Hutton was the biggest culprit of this.

No nearer the end game as the poster with the awful feeling about today predicted though.

That post tells me nothing you couldn't have gleaned from an Internet stream

For what it's worth this frustrating tendency to sit back after taking the lead has been part of the psyche of this team since well before McLeish arrived.

It's not just the sitting back bit it's the complete lack of ball retention that bugs me. We really can't seem to string more than three passes together before we decide to hoof it or do something stupid.

That is due to the lack of quality in our squad rather than anything to do with AM.

Hopefully that will be one of the issues addressed in the summer.

Given MoTM for me; I also thought that Collins was very good and also Bannan yesterday.

Bannan and Ireland understand each other well and can both pass nicely together - they need some more players like that around them otherwise they are going to waste. What we desperately need is a forward with some sort of technical ability that they can link up with, and an experienced winger. Nzogbia would probably be a lot happier if that was the case too.

That post tells me nothing you couldn't have gleaned from an Internet stream

Why - because it's not littered with dramatic OTT statements like all yours are?

So after all the crap you posted about not renewing ST and not spending money while McLeish is in charge we're supposed to believe you spent £49 on a ticket to Liverpool

Jog on mate you are a comedian

Given MoTM for me; I also thought that Collins was very good and also Bannan yesterday.

Bannan and Ireland understand each other well and can both pass nicely together - they need some more players like that around them otherwise they are going to waste. What we desperately need is a forward with some sort of technical ability that they can link up with, and an experienced winger. Nzogbia would probably be a lot happier if that was the case too.

Don't agree, bannan cost us in my opinion, he had the ball in their corner and could of played a simple ball to Ireland who made a great diagonal run on the edge of there box which could of caused a lot of problems, instead he held it too long, got dispossessed and outside of two goal kicks no other villa player touched the ball between that and their goal, players need to learn when to pass a ball and hold onto it, he is no longer one of the kids and has international experience

Â