Google Project Glass

ED

I know this is going to be met with a lot of scepticism but I'm a sucker for anything that makes me feel like I'm living in the future and I think if google can get anywhere near what this concept ad shows then these could **** rock.

They need to bring in thought reading for this to be useful.

Who the hell wants to talk to a pair of glasses?

Now if you could just think something and it did it, I'd be interested. I'm not going to start dictating messages, especially with half of the ones I send!

I guess a compromise could be eyeball tracking, where you could "type" on a heads up keyboard, kinda like how Hawking does.

They need to bring in thought reading for this to be useful.

Who the hell wants to talk to a pair of glasses?

Now if you could just think something and it did it, I'd be interested. I'm not going to start dictating messages, especially with half of the ones I send!

I guess a compromise could be eyeball tracking, where you could "type" on a heads up keyboard, kinda like how Hawking does.

I heard there is a camera pointing at the eye but can't see it being accurate enough apart from Mac type 'swipes'. You definitely wouldn't be able to type out an email

I would presume when this kind of thing does come in (and it is inevitable, isnt it?) then it will connect wirelessly with your phone/tablet/computer which means you will have a superior interface for typing if you need it, and you will be able to offload processing power to those devices or the cloud too.

The concept is really **** cool but has been around for a very, very long time. The main issues are still a problem, like how do you wear these without a) looking like a complete **** dickhead and B) getting run over by a **** bus. I fail to see what google can do to resolve these issues. Especially issue b. The general population simply isn't clever enough to be trusted with this kind of obtrusive tech. It'll be like a **** war zone out there, bodies littering the streets.

Nice vid though. Does the device exist or is it literally just a 'wouldn't this be cool' viral for google? And if so has anyone actually seen it?

People made the same two points when the Walkman was introduced.

Do an image search for "sergey brin google glasses". Looks like there is at least one prototype.

Especially issue b. The general population simply isn't clever enough to be trusted with this kind of obtrusive tech. It'll be like a **** war zone out there, bodies littering the streets.

Don't really agree with this. It wouldn't be dangerous at all, People adapt. It like those morons who want to put an artificial noise into electric cars so pedestrians will hear cars coming. Let's ruin one of the main selling points of an electric car (that its quiet) just because people are too thick to look before they cross a road.

• 2 years later...
Â