Weekends football 6/8 April

andykeenan

Papiss Cisse is unbelievable!

Swansea have had about 70% possession but they're not doing anything with it and everything they do is too slow. Newcastle show exactly how you should defend against Swansea; Let Caulker and Williams have the bulk of the possession and allow them to go up the pitch with the ball while closing down the midfield three.

Swansea need to drastically change their game plan if they want anything from this game.

Interesting factoid from the BBC...

Cisse has eight goals in eight Premier League appearances and five in his last three. Cue talk of what a star he's destined to be. Until you realise that it's been done before...

...by Mickey Quinn. :D

I really don't think Big Sam's style of play is as bad as some would have you believe, but it is highly dependent on the players available. When they had plenty of injuries they were dire, but when they have their first choice midfield, they play some nice stuff. The downfall is the lack of quality out wide, so more often than not they run out of ideas.

His teams can be direct but it's not exactly anti-football to be honest.

Cisse has eight goals in eight Premier League appearances and five in his last three. Cue talk of what a star he's destined to be. Until you realise that it's been done before...

micky quinn is an cock. and whats worse is the mystical tyneside no9 hero. everytime it gets mentioned i get sick in my mouth.

Norwich look a far more solid side than Swansea. Swansea just pass it around the back and don't advance. As 'refreshing' as their style is, I see them being broken up over the summer. Or January. I reckon Norwich will hang around for a fair few years.

micky quinn is an cock. and whats worse is the mystical tyneside no9 hero. everytime it gets mentioned i get sick in my mouth.

He didn't do it for Newcastle, he did it for Coventry!

Norwich look a far more solid side than Swansea. Swansea just pass it around the back and don't advance. As 'refreshing' as their style is, I see them being broken up over the summer. Or January. I reckon Norwich will hang around for a fair few years

I see Swansea going down next season, teams will find them out similar to when Reading had a good 1st season. also lack goals especially if they dont sign Sigurdsson

Newcastle really have been brilliant this season. They have bought so many good players in the last year and now play a good passing game but also know how to counter attack with speed. I would love to see them get 4th ahead of chelsea and spurs.

What a beast Cisse is...shame we couldn't have scooped him up...the guy is scoring goals for fun....how I'd love to see a player like that at Villa.

We already have one.

Celtic win the SPL title.. anyway in more important news I just had lunch. ;)

Please don't belittle such an important event for the sake of a cheap laugh, its an important event.

Lunch is an important part of a Saturday what did you have?

:lol:

boring game, sunderland killed it from the word go, counter attacking at home, still they showed how you can play not to lose and still maintain at least some sort of attacking threat, i dont rate him in open play but larsson is right up there with set pieces

spurs look 1 dimensional, far too narrow, adebayor was in turners pocket, sunderland let the players who arent amazing on the ball, parker, sandro, gallas and kaboul have the ball and then pressed those that are good on the ball, i think they'll struggle for 4th...

Â