Weekends football 6/8 April

andykeenan

Well it is incredibly thin, but was it really wrong?

1. The offside blunder is irrelevant. When they did not whistle for offside, what happens next is all on its own. You cannot go back in time and undo stuff because of an offside, although this is what started the event.

2. So one has to judge solely on the tackle by Derry on Young. Is Young in front? Yes. Is Derry trying to tackle him without having control of the ball at all? Yes, sort of. Is it cheap? Yes, certainly. But is it still a poor attempt by Derry? Yes, and although Young wants to go down like he often does that way, Derry is second to the ball and always out of reach. There IS above all contact, and the red card is always brought up in situations like that when the player takes out the man through on goal.

For me the situation starts when the linesman **** up. Young dives good and well, but he is only exploiting what Derry does wrong. Many players do that these days, and even though it is poor sportsmanship it is still in many circumstances both a free-kick and a dive if you know what I mean. What happens first is the contact though, so I understand why the red card is not taken back.

For me the situation starts when the linesman **** up. Young dives good and well, but he is only exploiting what Derry does wrong. Many players do that these days, and even though it is poor sportsmanship it is still in many circumstances both a free-kick and a dive if you know what I mean. What happens first is the contact though, so I understand why the red card is not taken back.

surely then the linesman would have to be punished

2 disgraceful FA decisions. though they have **** Chelsea over in FA Cup semi final as well.

I do find it funny when they give out about UEFA and FIFA when they cant even govern their own games

The Derry and Balotelli decisions are a joke. Who the **** do they have making these decisions? How Derry didn't have that red taken away is beyond me. Either there is some form of corruption or the FA are **** up, maybe both?

Young wasn't in control of the ball when Derry's hand brushes his shirt. So, instead of continuing to chase the ball, he pivots his body to fall down. It's Carroll level bad in terms of diving (even if he did appear to stumble over the ball). Both got themselves into good positions but choose to dive to try and gain an advantage.

The offside call was worse but the referee got it completely wrong on the penalty.

they cant overturn yellow cards can they?

its beyond a joke now, why wont refs just ask for help? admit that these millionaire athletes are faster and fitter than them, its hardly a disgrace, whilst they are at it pay them more seeing as the league is so rich but make them accountable

the FA should then tell FIFA to **** do one, every red/yellow viewed by a panel and one match bans handed out to anyone found diving

instead we will end up with some trials of some bullshit that no one wants taking place in the peruvian league in 2 years time

The Balotelli thing isn't an FA decision.

One or more of the officials saw it, therefore, by FIFA rules, they aren't allowed to give any retrospective punishment.

It's a shit rule, but that's the rule. That's not the FA's fault.

The Young thing is another matter.

yep FIFA's no retrospective punishment rule is up there with the worst in football IMO

where have spain come up with this automatic yellow for hand ball rule? i think its time the FA took a stand, start with diving and then move on to everything

the FA should then tell FIFA to **** do one, every red/yellow viewed by a panel and one match bans handed out to anyone found diving

How do you plan to 'find' people diving? As an example,it seems split pretty evenly people who thought Suarez dived twice on Saturday, people who thought he was fouled twice and people who thought one of each?

And why exactly do you think that the FA want to do all sorts of things but their hands are tied by FIFA?

yep FIFA's no retrospective punishment rule is up there with the worst in football IMO

where have spain come up with this automatic yellow for hand ball rule? i think its time the FA took a stand, start with diving and then move on to everything

but where do you draw the line?

did ash dive? effectively no. he felt contact and went down. yes it was a ridiculous fall and he will have to live with the fact that he is seen as a cheat, but if you ban him for diving, qpr have got a right to demand a replay as an act of cheating distorted the result.

Â