Who do I believe in?

Dodgyknees

Well, on a serious note...

I believe in the CLUB. A club that consists of youth players with fantastic potential, a fantastic academy, world class facilities, loyal supporters, charitable contributions to the community, and a proud history known well in the football world.

My belief in that definition of the club is what helps me get through the inevitable low points of senior team results, any single player or manager that I don't like, and acute turmoil. Those things are passing, but the above will remain.

That definition of club also helps me truly appreciate and be proud of accomplishments when they happen, and is something that money cannot buy. Man City may have success one day, and while sweet, it won't be as sweet as the success Aston Villa Football Club will one day have.

I believe in Coyotes and Time as an abstract.

As for Villa, I believe we will get relegated and if I'm honest about that, I don't actually care in any meaningful way if we are. It'd barely ruin my day.

Seriously you dont care if the club you support gets relegated.

Strip him of his moderator status. He doesnt care.

Seriously, I don't care. I don't follow Villa because the Club is in the Premier League. They were in the old 2nd division when I first saw them in (gulp) 1973 as a small boy. They've been promoted, won league cups, the league the European Cup, relegated, promoted, won a couple more league cups, had good times and bad in the league since then. And whether I've been able or willing to go to games since, I've always, always, looked for the results, every single one, hoping every time that we won. I used to be gutted if we lost, now it doesn't bother me much at all. I don't know if that's perspective and age and experience and seeing other things in life that actually are worthy of joy and grief and celebration and indifference and all the rest, or if it's me, or if it's football in general having changed into the money monster it's become, or what. But it's the absolute truth.

Support is a strange concept, anyway, because ultimately the fortunes of a football team only matters to people if they think it matters to them. It's a kind of false thing, and also very real. It's an artificial construct that we allow to matter to us (or not).

Well, I can reconcile with your last few sentences, Pete, and they are realistic enough. As life goes on you tend to become more detached from things such as sport as you recognise the more meaningful things in life - as you've said.

However, you having made 14,660 posts on this site I'd say you care a lot more about Aston Villa than you're letting on. Perhaps you're in denial about what's been happening over the past 2 years. :notsure:

Your post count would suggest you do care but fair enough.

I also dont care as much as I did when I was younger because as agreed there are alot more important things in life when you are an adult, kids, mortgage, keeping your job etc, whereas when you are a kid you have an easy life with none of these worries.

But if/when the club goes down I will be very disappointed.

Sorry, I should clarify I do care about the club, just not particularly what division we're in - for me that's not really the issue. I thought I'd made that clear,I don't follow Villa because the Club is in the Premier League but obviously reading back, it could be taken as I don't care about the club, which isn't what I meant to get across.

First time since I started supporting properly in terms of actually knowing what was happening that I've got to a point where I don't really care that much. I used to some times skip my own football matches to watch Villa, my post count is huge because I'm 1. well like to debate and 2. because I did care a lot. Now though, I just hate McLeish. I hate Faulkner, I'm slowly starting to dislike Lerner but he has the ability to change that, he needs too. I play my own games on a saturday, if I hear we lose, I shrug my shoulders. I still care a tad, I'm angry at McLeish, I don't want us to go down but winning at the moment seems false. What satisfaction can I take from winning a game under McLeish when that probably just brings him closer to the one thing I want least, him staying.

I think I don't and maybe many others don't care quite as much is because it's not even debatable. 99% of fans believed it was the wrong appointment, 99.9% fans right now all believe it was a shit appointment.

He isn't going to move the club forward in any direction, on/off the pitch. It just seems they don't care and I think when they don't care, A lot of the fans will stop caring also.

I feel resigned to knowing he is going to be here next season, I think I'd rather he just go down if it meant him being sacked. I'd rather be in League two but care about the club than what I see now. It's just horrible.

Â