• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Gardner
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Albrighton (for Herd 70)
    • Heskey (for Weimann 82)

blaming the referee for our defeat against Chelsea really is trying to find something that does not exist.

Or just stating my opinion? It was not a reactionary post, I feel the exact same about it now as I did when i walked out of VP yesterday afternoon. Two of their goals would have been prevented by the referee getting the decisions correct.

They would have just scored two other goals. We were poor again.

They may have world class players, but their first goal was not as a result of that it was of a result of having a good number of players in our box and forcing very average defenders in to errors of which they capitalised on.

our defenders have not enough guile to win the ball and get it forward quickly to hurt them, its arguable that even if they did we would not have enough nous to finish it.

in short, not enough quality in the team.

blaming the referee for our defeat against Chelsea really is trying to find something that does not exist.

Or just stating my opinion? It was not a reactionary post, I feel the exact same about it now as I did when i walked out of VP yesterday afternoon. Two of their goals would have been prevented by the referee getting the decisions correct.

They would have just scored two other goals. We were poor again.

...and how many goals did we score? Completely different game without the poor decisions. I'm not saying we deserved to win because we didn't but it would be nice to have a fair shot.

I agree we didn't quite get a fair shot but then how often is the playing field really level in any match. Gabby still had one CB and the keeper to beat, which is not something Gabby does easily. If we had drawn the game it would have been a smash and grab, because for 75 minutes we didn't do a damn thing to deserve to score. The goals we scored were scored against a Chelsea who were lazy and coasting; the goals we conceded were conceded against a Chelsea who realised they had more to do and did it (easily).

I'm not denying we conceded soft ones, but from looking at our performance Chelsea had plenty of room to push for some not-so-soft ones had they thought more goals necessary. They thought they weren't necessary, they were wrong, they woke up and rectified their mistake all too easily.

villa fans are **** retarded. applauding cahill onto the field? clueless

Really? I'll always applaud the lad for that goal he scored against small heath.

That, and the fact is a Villa fan and for the most part, it wasn't his decision to leave (although, I very much he regrets doing so now.).

I'll always have love for Cahill.

conclusions from the game:

exciting, attacking football from the youngsters. and yet we're still in the shit.

lee mason is a chelsea fan.

chelsea fans are classless words removed.

villa fans are **** retarded. applauding cahill onto the field? clueless.

enjoyed the tributes to stan. get well soon captain fantastic.

Agree with everything except the Cahill comment...

It's not as if he left through any anymosity...

It's not as if he left for more money...

It's not as if he left for Champions League football...

And it's not as if he left because he thought he was better than the team...

He left because he couldn't get a regular spot...

And he went to a club (at the time) below us in the standings...

The fact that he now is deemed good enough to come off the bench for Chelsea is probably more of a reflection of the management that let him go, more so than the player himself and any supposed "loyalty" he should have had...

Applauding him for achieving that is clueless? :shock:

Dear me...

Someone clearly wasn't at Bolton away a couple of seasons ago when he cupped his ear and goaded the Villa fans after scoring, despite getting a good reception from the majority earlier in the game. He's a rocket polisher, and that is why the above poster called people who gave him a standing ovation yesterday clueless.

Dear me...

Thought the boys tried and fought well. We were playing against an in form Chelsea and didn't expect anything else than what we got, but unilke the Arsenal game at least we fought. And hadn't it been for AML being a coward and Lee Mason being an even bigger coward we might've got away with a point or 3. Not really deserved if you look at the whole game, but stranger things have happened in football.

When we came back and equalised we had the advantage. They were a bit rocked and we had the momentum. Had we tried to push on for another one we might've got it. I felt that we started to sit back again after Leichajs goal. And then we got a good counter attack opportunity that Lee Mason didn't like so he made up a foul just because Terry's balance is as good as Heskeys. And then we again gave up on defending corners.

I think people on here are a bit too harsh on Baker. Yeah, he made some costly mistakes, but he's a young lad and over all I think he did some good things too. That tackle on Torres I think it was, in the pen area in the 1st half was great. Both him and Collins threw themselves in front of the Chelsea player but I think it was Baker who got the ball. Give him a break and support him and watch him rise and maybe become a good player for us.

Ireland motm for me.

Â