• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Gardner
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Albrighton (for Herd 70)
    • Heskey (for Weimann 82)

All I can think of at the moment is: Lee Mason, you are a complete waste of oxygen, total disgrace.

Agreed, he made an number of dubious decisions during the game - but the standout one was at two each when Terry fouled Gabby - Gabby managed to keep his feet and found the ball in front of him so carried on and was through on goal - the ref brought play back - at this point the ref had two options, think about sending Terry off or give us the free kick and claim he hadn't seen the advantage - he ended up giving a free kick to Chelsea and they scored with a corner that should have been a goal kick about twenty seconds later.

Ultimately the whole game turned on that moment.

Load of bollocks. Why does Bannan even get near the first team? He tries too hard attempting those 40 yard passes, which fail most of the time. Just getting sick of all this shit now.

It's because he's playing too deep. He's an attacking player and wants to attack. If you stuck him just behind 2 strikers, or wide on the left with a license to get forward, you'd see a different player.

All I can think of at the moment is: Lee Mason, you are a complete waste of oxygen, total disgrace.

Agreed, he made an number of dubious decisions during the game - but the standout one was at two each when Terry fouled Gabby - Gabby managed to keep his feet and found the ball in front of him so carried on and was through on goal - the ref brought play back - at this point the ref had two options, think about sending Terry off or give us the free kick and claim he hadn't seen the advantage - he ended up giving a free kick to Chelsea and they scored with a corner that should have been a goal kick about twenty seconds later.

Ultimately the whole game turned on that moment.

It's not even just that. Every little thing he was given for them. Terry climbs all over Wiemann in the first half and handballs it as he falls.. and they get a free kick! Their 2nd started from a quite blatent foul throw.

This us up there with Phil Dowd vs Albion/United as one of the most pathetic displays I've seen from an official. Well Dowd and Mason aren't really shit, biased is the correct word.

I must've missed it in the buildup, what happened to Carlos?

If Baker has been "working" on set pieces with the rest of our defense, that explains that. Also, was this the first time he's been used at CB in the Premier League? I remember him getting a couple games at left back last season.

Looking at the scoreline, I normally wouldn't be terribly upset given the number of academy products taking on an incredibly expensive and experienced side, but we are in too dangerous a position to not be upset when we drop points, whatever the circumstances.

If you can't motivate your team at home on a day like today, to play well against a side you've already beat this season, there is a serious flaw in your methods....of course, Lerner and Co. want a man with "proven Premiership experience", so even if that experience is two relegations, it DOENT **** MATTER TO THEM!!!

Makes me laugh all these poisonous posts from people who never go to the games. Get behind the lads FFS

Ok, just back from the game.

Bearing in mind the team we fielded and the quality of opposition I am very proud of the lads today. We gave it a real go and we almost got something. The youngsters were brilliant including baker, the abuse he's getting on here is shocking.

Albs was very good when he came on, Lichaj MoM

GG was very assured again

to me mason stopping the game to let cahill put his boot on summed up not only him but id say the standard of refs in the league

clueless

Yep, as if things weren't already stacked in favour of the recently-successful sides. You'd think refs would be told to favour the weaker teams on marginal decisions, to make it into a bit of a contest from time to time, but nooooooo...

Ok, just back from the game.

Bearing in mind the team we fielded and the quality of opposition I am very proud of the lads today. We gave it a real go and we almost got something. The youngsters were brilliant including baker, the abuse he's getting on here is shocking.

Albs was very good when he came on, Lichaj MoM

GG was very assured again

Agree with most of that. I think the lads put in a good fight today and were undone by a referee and set peices. Think Herd, Bannan and Baker were a little off at times, but can't really fault anyone today for the effort.

I've often been critical of his effort before, but very nice to see Ireland really throwing himself into tackles when we were 2-0 down, good effort from him today.

The youngsters were brilliant including baker.

Is this the Baker who headed the ball to a Chelsea player when he should have booted it out for their first goal, and then lost his marker for their next two?

I'm not saying he didn't do some things well, even the commentators said he did, but if you're a defender you can't only defend 98% of the time.

Maybe Baker has a future, maybe he's an excellent player, but not on the evidence of that game he isn't.

Get behind the lads FFS
Who isn't behind them? :?

Well the criticisms being levelled at Baker by posters who weren't at the game

You don't pick up the full story on TV

The same Baker who took the ball off Torres every time?

The same Baker who aleays tried to play the ball out to a Villa player?

The same Baker who always headed the ball out trying to maintain possession?

I was impressed with Baker today.I like the way he always tried to play the ball out, always tried to maintain posession, and has a bit of pace about him as well.

How was he at fault for the 2nd and 3rd?Never won the ball at the near post, and Given should have done better as well.

Overall, did'nt expect much today, pleased with Baker, Eric, Weimann and GG.Bannan was ok, Herd off the pace for me.

Lichaj - 9 MOTM

A bit biased because I'm American, but I thought he handled himself very well. Constantly on the back of Sturridge/Kalou and was rarely out of position and got forward well. Points for the throw and the goal of course.

Probably not bias as agree with everything you say. I expect Hutton will get straight back in the side though. Thought Warnock had a decent game today as well considering he had to cover everything Baker did.

Not good enough for most of the game again. I know we had injuries but seriously Gardner on the left was utterly ridiculous. Players showed good spirit to fightback but once again undone by set pieces.

Can't fault the effort from the youngsters today - they kept going until the final whistle. As a fan, that's all you ask from them.

Decent performance and a decent game - just a shame that the first three goals we gave away were so so soft.

Â