Diego Maradona

Zatman

His death has really gone across all sports, I even saw some cricket matches doing tributes for him in the last few days. I cant really remember another athlete dying that had such an impact. Maybe Muhammad Ali only

Also maybe its best that no fans are attending games this week as would be idiots ruining the minutes silence due to the media influence

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't recall a sports star being such a personification of his or her country. Ever.  I can think of a few like Bradman, Pele, or Haile Gebrselassie  but I don't think they are close.

Johan Cruyff could be up there as well

Going by the Villa social media, I think Samatta is a God in Tanzania

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't recall a sports star being such a personification of his or her country. Ever.  I can think of a few like Bradman, Pele, or Haile Gebrselassie  but I don't think they are close.

Puskas

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ayrton Senna was massive, but even thou F1 was big back then you probably still can't compare to football.

In farness he probably is the most revered sportsman of a nation ever. Who was the best out of him or Messi I don't know but Messi never has or never will get that kind of love from his country.  Puskas is still very revered in Hungary. Brazil have had a lot heros and Pele is the greatest of them all but probably doesn't compare

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

In farness he probably is the most revered sportsman of a nation ever. Who was the best out of him or Messi I don't know but Messi never has or never will get that kind of love from his country.  Puskas is still very revered in Hungary. Brazil have had a lot heros and Pele is the greatest of them all but probably doesn't compare

In Ireland, God would be probably the most loved sportsperson. Probably only Katie Taylor is close in public support

On 31/03/2012 at 07:54, maqroll said:

Good for him. Probably not the best country to have your WAGs in the stands with sleeveless dresses on...I'm surprised women are let inside, TBH....

Pin on DubaiChloe Ferry flashes her bum in incredibly skimpy pink bikini on a boat in  Dubai

You dont know much about the United Arab Emirates or Dubai do you?

On 26/11/2020 at 14:38, GarethRDR said:

Indeed.  Really, if everyone is still that wound up about it all these years later, why not just offer Argentina a straight swap; the '86 trophy for the Falklands?  Seems fair to me.

the dark knight applause GIF

100 percent, some of the insufferable, immature tripe I have ad to read on social media has been terribly frustrating.

Some refer to mocking dead English servicemen, as if the 700 or so (3 times more than the English lost  )Argentinean service men killed are a non factor and they had no right to be upset temselves.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â