Diego Maradona

Zatman

OMG, this is the first time it hurts when someone I don't really know dies. Diego Armando was a genious, he was the best all time, and he always will be. The world will never be the same again. This makes me feel old and fragile too. Terrible day. 

• Like 1

Sad news - 60 is a very young age to die but unfortunately Maradona was a troubled soul and for many years didn't look after himself. 

As a footballer, even though he was just before my time, there has never been a player who's wowed me just from watching highlight reels. Watching him playing with a football was like watching art. Was blessed with superhuman talent. 

• Like 1

2020 keeps giving. 

I just started thinking about one of my favourite youtube clips. The match from Germany where he had opus life is life in his head and he kept warming up like you would do on the local pitch in your teens. Brilliant brilliant clip. 

22 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

And a mediocre International team to win the WC as well Eligius

Exactly. He won it for Argentina in 1986 with very ordinary players. In 1990 he almost won with even a worse team. I wish they didn't test him in 1994. We all would've deserved to see him that one more time.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Rest in peace.

Sadly i'm not old enough to have had the privilege to watch this legend play.

I was living in Italy during his time at Napoli.  I watched a few games he played and it was a privilege to watch - I've watched a lot of great players but he for me back then was the best.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic talent, football would not be played like it is today without him. He did stuff back then on poor pitches against opponents who constantly tried to break his legs and with no protection from the refs that maybe only Messi can do today. 

Him and Torbjörn Nilsson is as close to an idol as I've ever had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Proper gutted, was a huge part of my childhood growing up, my Dad loved him, every match was watched, Diego was King What a character, what a player! #legend!

On a little lighter note, this is the stupidity I live for below, some of the UK's finest I deal with on Facebook football groups 🤦🏾‍♂️:

127021869_10223276871652991_4029075283709325553_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=wn5-NbfzUlIAX8Lwmkg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdoh4-2.fna&oh=5252c4bcf6e105bb58b90be80cafa074&oe=5FE4BB2E

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Napoli achievements are incredible as well, they are still the only team from the poorer south of Italy to ever win the title

1990 semi final was incredible that his aura that he managed to turn the fans in the stadium against the hosts Italy

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Napoli achievements are incredible as well, they are still the only team from the poorer south of Italy to ever win the title

Pretty sure he says in his documentary he was off his tits for most of his time there and other players would provide his urine samples.

Â