Stan Petrov

LondonLax

My works recently raised 40k in a day for GOSH

I'm a bit appalled but not shocked by what the villa players have donated

Ireland bent Dunne get your wallets out for a noble cause you words removed

I agree that players should donate, but looking though the donations list bent is the highest donator

the reactions of people on here saddens me to be honest...

if the players cant "muck in" when the club captain is involved then i think thats is a very poor reflection on them and on the club.

45k isnt even a weeks wages for a good few members of the villa first team and in that respect it is not a significant amount of money.

I have lost all respect for users of this forum based on this feedback and that noone has even attempted to publicise or get behind a cause that has been setup in a large respect to help someone so closely related to a club you all profess to love so much.

It sickens me to the core that people care so little about our club captain that they are condoning the players not publicly supporting this cause.

I think if I was a villa player, earning mega-bucks, I'd probably be donating a sizeable sum but I'm not sure I'd want to do so in a way that attracted attention. It might well be that lots has been donated but not added into the 45k sum.

Fund-raising from the public is a delicate business and if you advertise the fact that you've had large donations from certain areas, it might undermine the plea for everyday donors. Similarly, fundraising is not just about the money, it's as much about the call to action, education and involvement.

As I say, there's nothing to say the club and players haven't been supporting Stan but there's lots of reasons why, if they had, they might not want to make a song and dance about it.

Dunne, Bent already donated. When I last looked it was around 25k so their job of opening peoples eyes seems to have worked, hopefully more will come from this.

From what I can see Barry, Milner, Sidwell, Terry have all added to it over the last month or so.

Just a link to an article about Petrov -

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2012-09-10/petrov-thanks-supports-in-his-leukaemia-battle/

Aston Villa club captain, Stiliyan Petrov, has spoken publicly for the first time since it was confirmed that his acute leukaemia is in remission.

The 33-year-old thanked his fans and the club for the overwhelming messages of support he has received.

“I’ve been looked after really well by the people in the hospital and so far everything is going in the right direction. I’m really grateful to them and I’m grateful to all of the people who have sent messages of support to me. I appreciate all of this very much."

– STILIYAN PETROV

Petrov spoke out yesterday, on the day the Villa masseurs Alex Butler and Andy Smith completed their 400 miles ‘Pedal for Petrov’ bike ride.

The pair cycled from Celtic Park to Villa Park in a fund-raising effort to raise £250,000, alongside former England midfielder Geoff Thomas, for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.

The Bulgarian International was overwhelmed by the tough challenge the club masseurs took to raise money for a cause so close to his heart.

“Alex and Andy have put themselves through a lot of work and hardship to try to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. They have worked so hard and they want to cheer me up and they want to show me how much they love me. It is great to see something like that and, of course, it is for a great cause as well.

“I’ve experienced something that a lot of people don’t experience and I know how important this research is because it helps with all the drugs which help people to get better more quickly.

“I hope the cause will receive as much money as the boys are able to raise so that the people can go to work on the research."

– STILIYAN PETROV

Petrov is currently undergoing a minor cycle of chemotherapy since finding out last month that his acute leukaemia is now in remission.

To support Alex and Andrew in their ‘Pedal for Petrov’ challenge, please donate via their JustGiving page at:

http://www.justgiving.com/pedalforpetrov or text “STAN91 £3” to 70070**

My works recently raised 40k in a day for GOSH

I'm a bit appalled but not shocked by what the villa players have donated

Ireland bent Dunne get your wallets out for a noble cause you words removed

Rather than use this thread to slate Ireland yet again, try doing some research into the charity he set up a few years ago in Manchester and acknowledge the amount of money he has both raised and donated.

There are many players that donate money to good causes without publicly announcing it.

I find it tiresome that you use this thread to slate Ireland and others.

Good luck guys!

Donation by Paul Faulkner on 04/09/12

£50.00

+ £12.50 Gift Aid

Nice to see our chief ex. saving all our kitty for January transfer window...

Are you kidding? That was the January transfer window kitty!

Good luck guys!

Donation by Paul Faulkner on 04/09/12

£50.00

+ £12.50 Gift Aid

Nice to see our chief ex. saving all our kitty for January transfer window...

Are you kidding? That was the January transfer window kitty!

He must have had a good scratch behind the sofa to be able to stump up such an amount

• 2 weeks later...
Â