Which Villa signing excited you the least?

Zatman

Has to be Harewood. We'd just spent the season struggling by with O'Leary's squad - had got Stan, Carew, and Young in and all the talk was about Schnjeider, Miguel or Bosingwa signing as it would be the first transfer window where O'Neill could really splash the cash on Europe's top talents.

Then we signed Marlon...

The moment where it became frighteningly obvious we couldnt compete.

Would have to be Heskey.. Easily.. I remember thinking at the time OMG! What on Earth have we signed him for he's shocking!.. Then i kind of adjusted to it especially when he scored the winner at Pompey on his debut but from that point onwards it was frustration upon frustration.. I have never known such a poor finisher as that guy.. Only we could sign a striker who had repeatedly proven he couldn't finish. He was all about pace & power which was useful i guess but we got him minus the pace bit.

Bizarre signing..I think the fact he is still here speaks volumes as any other half decent player we had has long since been sold off.

In 40 years of watching Villa - Heskey and by some distance.

For me this was the start of o neils decline - who knows what may have happened had we even got an average striker in .........instead we got one for who a couple of shots represents a good game. what is his goals ratio for us ....about 1 in 12 ? - Pathetic signining.

What on Earth have we signed him for he's shocking!.. Then i kind of adjusted to it especially when he scored the winner at Pompey on his debut but from that point onwards it was frustration upon frustration.. I have never known such a poor finisher as that guy.. Only we could sign a striker who had repeatedly proven he couldn't finish.

The Man United game at home this season summed it up. 3 minutes left pitch opens up for HEskey 20 yards out directly in front of goal, result= Man United throw in

He was at fault in the 4-4 game at shite hart lane. I was there I will never forget MON screaming "This is all your ****** fault". You dont often see managers be so open like that, it is usually left for the changing room.

I remember one fine summer evening at the turn of the century, standing on the terraces at an early pre season friendly at Bromsgrove Rovers waiting to watch the "famed" Gustavo Bartelt who had just joined us on loan from Roma. Wow! .... this guy was sh*te!!!! If it hadn't been for the fact that his passport was as dodgy as his footballing skills Gregory would have spent 4 MILLION on him!!!!

The signings of Carl Tiler by Brian Little, and Mark Kinsella and Oyvind Leonardson by DOL also left me distinctly unimpressed.

I agree with others that the signings of Harewood and Heskey were stomach sickening moments. Hutton and Jenas (on loan) left me feeling ill as well.

I also remember signing another Argentinian called Oscar Arce back in Tommy Dochertys' day. I think he'd written his own creative CV and was soon kicked out. He was played in the same midfield as Barry Hole (snigger).

David Platt, how wrong was i.
On this theme... Peter Withe.

I was disgusted with Ron Saunders for signing an such a lumbering ex-bluenose donkey.

And that is why I'm not a football manager.

I remember Doug coming out in the press and stating O'Leary would be handed a significant transfer 'warchest' to overhaul the squad, we subsequently signed the likes of Aaron Hughes and Stuart Taylor.

I remember one fine summer evening at the turn of the century, standing on the terraces at an early pre season friendly at Bromsgrove Rovers waiting to watch the "famed" Gustavo Bartelt who had just joined us on loan from Roma. Wow! .... this guy was sh*te!!!! If it hadn't been for the fact that his passport was as dodgy as his footballing skills Gregory would have spent 4 MILLION on him!!!!

The signings of Carl Tiler by Brian Little, and Mark Kinsella and Oyvind Leonardson by DOL also left me distinctly unimpressed.

I agree with others that the signings of Harewood and Heskey were stomach sickening moments. Hutton and Jenas (on loan) left me feeling ill as well.

I also remember signing another Argentinian called Oscar Arce back in Tommy Dochertys' day. I think he'd written his own creative CV and was soon kicked out. He was played in the same midfield as Barry Hole (snigger).

Pretty sure GTII was responsible for this pair. For all of DOL's faults I think he signed really good players for the amount of money he had. He was just a bit of a clearing in the woods.

Going back in time:

I was less than excited on the manager front when we brought Graham Turner in from Shrewsbury for season 84/5 to manage a team that had started season 82/3 as champions of Europe and who under him with a little help from Billy McNeill were relegated in 86/7.

Player wise I would go for Eric Djemba- Djemba.

Â