Which Villa signing excited you the least?

Zatman

When you think about it, we've signed some proper useless players over the years! Heskey is easily one of the worst in my time watching the Villa. You really don't understand how happy I'll be once he's off the wage bill in the summer.

Too many to mention. In fairness, most transfers are fairly meh. Most youth players we sign are 'meh' because you don't know about them at the time. It's no reflection on the player though and with that in mind I don't think there's much point in naming names.

Harewood

+1.

£4.5 million for a player in his late 20s, never cut it at this level (besides that **** hatrick against us for wham) was one of mons long list of mind boggling transfers. i remember him signing and thinking, surely his gonna struggle to just get on the bench

Has to be Harewood. We'd just spent the season struggling by with O'Leary's squad - had got Stan, Carew, and Young in and all the talk was about Schnjeider, Miguel or Bosingwa signing as it would be the first transfer window where O'Neill could really splash the cash on Europe's top talents.

Then we signed Marlon...

Emile a close second, given where we were in the table and so desperately needed a good striker.

Heskey, of course, goes without saying.

I honestly never thought that signing Collymore was a good idea after all his fall outs at Pool.

The list of uminspiring Villa signings in the past 10 years is unfortunately quite a long one.

Heskey. Poor bloke.

Doing really really well in the league, needed to consolidate our position with a very good striker, and we signed Heskey. Why why why.

Surely Harewood in recent history. Lots of people were on here expecting some big name striker to come in during our first proper transfer window under MON/Lerner, to be unveiled at the kit release only for Harewood to be the man.

Surely Harewood in recent history. Lots of people were on here expecting some big name striker to come in during our first proper transfer window under MON/Lerner, to be unveiled at the kit release only for Harewood to be the man.

Think it was around about then that we started to speculate on the number of chairs at the press conferences. I think we thought that we were going to do something like City did.

Heskey. Poor bloke.

Doing really really well in the league, needed to consolidate our position with a very good striker, and we signed Heskey. Why why why.

and at the time we were being linked with falcao from river plate, on a free transfer no less and we turned him down for heskey. (may have been harewood, not to sure)

Too be honest this thread could be filled with loads...certain positions never really fill fans with excitement unless they are exceptional talents. Holding midfielders due to their nature of play will not be seen as exciting signings, same could go with full backs. On the flip side strikers and wingers will generate excitement as they are more likely to be match winners.

I do remember a certain midfielder signing for a low fee from Sheffield wednesday, I had never heard of him and instantly thought hmmm..............that midfielder was a certain Mr Ian Taylor and he was one of my favourite players, so initial excitement doesn't always mean anything

Â