US Tour

Enda

Birmingham Mail

VILLA will prepare for their own major league season with a summer tour of the US, stopping off at Philadelphia, Chicago and Portland.

The three-match trip will take place in late July with the claret and blue squad expected to be in the States for around ten days.

Villa will kick off the tour with a match against Philadelphia Union on July 18 at PPL Stadium. They will then travel to take on MLS club Chicago Fire on July 21 at Toyota Park.

And finally the club will complete the pre-season trip with a friendly against Portland Timbers on July 24 at JELD-WEN Field.

I'm living in Michigan, so Chicago is a five-hour bus away. Definitely going to this.

Just bought tickets for Chicago today. If anyone has suggestions for pre or post game events please let me know. Live in Boston but will be out for the weekend (amazingly its both cheaper and more convenient for us o go to Chicago as compared to Philly and the wife put the kibosh on both).

Go villa!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have season tickets to the Portland Timbers - Timbers Army. Rose City til I die boys.

Villa too of course.

The club did a vote to determine if we wanted the Villa match to be covered on one of our "wildcard" (exhibition and Cup matches) tickets, and the result was a resounding yes. Words really can't explain the jump for joy when I heard at the news of they are coming to PDX, and then a week later to find I had tickets to the game. Joy joy.

If anyone on the forum wants info on PDX, possibly a couch to crash on, let me know. I can say with 100% certainty that you will have a **** amazing time in Portland, the beers here are phenomenal, the food is incredible, the people are soo fun, and the Timbers Army is a great night out. It's really not like any other city in the US (duh). Send me a PM if you want info.

See y'all in July

Just purchased a couple of tickets for the Portland Game.... around 70 Villa fans booked so far. See below for information.

The California Villa Branch are arranging a get together with the Timbers Army before the game.

Contact Rick Leong, Chairman - avfc.california@gmail.com if you are interested....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Aston Villa Supporters,

Utilize the link below to purchase tickets in section 223 which is reserved for Aston Villa supporters for the 7/24 match here in Portland. All or section 223 is currently held specifically for Aston Villa supporters. Ticket are $32/each and can only be accessed through this link. If you have 15+ people interested in attending, give me a call and 503-553-5442 and I can accommodate over the phone.

If you’ve never attending a match with us before, the virtual venue of JELD-WEN Field can help you get your bearings. Also, the Timbers Army has posted a visitor’s guide to Portland that may come in handy as well.

Don’t hesitate to call or email with further questions.

Cheers

Pat Rice

Ticket Sales Account Executive

Portland Timbers

P: 503.553.5442

F: 503.553.5405

price@portlandtimbers.com

JELD-WEN Field | 1844 SW Morrison St | Portland, OR 97205

Portland Timbers Exhibition Tickets

Tuesday, July 24 – 7:30 P.M.

Portland Timbers vs. Aston Villa FC (Special Offer Code - Aston Villa)

The Portland Timbers are excited to welcome you

to a fun-filled day at JELD-WEN Field!

As a supporter of Aston Villa you can purchase tickets through this dedicated link.

Tickets are only available to purchase through the link below.

Tickets are limited so act now!

Click here to order tickets.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_corp_start.htmI?l=EN&team=timbers&owner=1478156&group=194&err=&event=&customerID=Special offer code: Aston Villa

If you have questions or problems ordering your ticket(s) online, please contact Pat Rice at 503.553.5442 or price@portlandtimbers.com.

Does anyone know where the Villa fans are going to be sitting in Philly? Im looking to get tickets but not sure where about's to sit.

...and to the guy who's going to Three Floyds. Good on you! Buddy of mine was at Dark Lord Day and picked up a whole bunch of their beers for me. Looking forward to cracking open the So Bro this weekend. Going to age my Dark Lord i think.

Just purchased a couple of tickets for the Portland Game.... around 70 Villa fans booked so far. See below for information.

The California Villa Branch are arranging a get together with the Timbers Army before the game.

Contact Rick Leong, Chairman - avfc.california@gmail.com if you are interested....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Aston Villa Supporters,

Utilize the link below to purchase tickets in section 223 which is reserved for Aston Villa supporters for the 7/24 match here in Portland. All or section 223 is currently held specifically for Aston Villa supporters. Ticket are $32/each and can only be accessed through this link. If you have 15+ people interested in attending, give me a call and 503-553-5442 and I can accommodate over the phone.

If you’ve never attending a match with us before, the virtual venue of JELD-WEN Field can help you get your bearings. Also, the Timbers Army has posted a visitor’s guide to Portland that may come in handy as well.

Don’t hesitate to call or email with further questions.

Cheers

Pat Rice

Ticket Sales Account Executive

Portland Timbers

P: 503.553.5442

F: 503.553.5405

price@portlandtimbers.com

JELD-WEN Field | 1844 SW Morrison St | Portland, OR 97205

Portland Timbers Exhibition Tickets

Tuesday, July 24 – 7:30 P.M.

Portland Timbers vs. Aston Villa FC (Special Offer Code - Aston Villa)

The Portland Timbers are excited to welcome you

to a fun-filled day at JELD-WEN Field!

As a supporter of Aston Villa you can purchase tickets through this dedicated link.

Tickets are only available to purchase through the link below.

Tickets are limited so act now!

Click here to order tickets.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_corp_start.htmI?l=EN&team=timbers&owner=1478156&group=194&err=&event=&customerID=Special offer code: Aston Villa

If you have questions or problems ordering your ticket(s) online, please contact Pat Rice at 503.553.5442 or price@portlandtimbers.com.

Going to Chicago myself but I clicked on the link and it does not seem to be working! Anyone else having an issue? I know some people looking for tickets in Villa end in Portland so the sooner its sorted the better :)

Does anyone know where the Villa fans are going to be sitting in Philly? Im looking to get tickets but not sure where about's to sit.

...and to the guy who's going to Three Floyds. Good on you! Buddy of mine was at Dark Lord Day and picked up a whole bunch of their beers for me. Looking forward to cracking open the So Bro this weekend. Going to age my Dark Lord i think.

Here is the link from the Villa website. Copy and paste the promo code on that page, then hit the link to the Philadelphia tickets. It will pull up a ticket in the Villa sections. I'm in section 132, most Villa fans are in 132/133 (basically tucked away in the corner).

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2728549,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on the Chicago trip for anyone on here who is/might be going to the match.

First here is a link to the facebook page that is the source for info

http://www.facebook.com/events/359316637445257/

Looks like a pub has been arranged as well as busses sorted to pick us up pre match from the pub and bring us back postm atch for beers. Will be 15 bucks round trip (35min ea way)

Talk of an open training event and meet/greet on the Friday evening as well. More info to come on that.

Shaping up to be a fantastic weekend and if anyone has questiosn about it feel free to PM or post them on the facebook page. I know of a few Brummie's making the trip across the pond. Any on here coming?

Chicago for me ...with a visit to the Three Floyds Brewery whilst there ...taxi!

While I certainly understand WHY you'd want to go, just know that the brewery is actually located in Munster, IN and is about a 45-60 minute drive from where the Fire play depending on traffic.

Â