Peter Beardsley

Guest av1

As a 33yr old guy, i was probably to young to watch Beardsley.

At the moment however im watching some program about Englands world cup exploits, and wow this guy looks class.

Im fully aware of the respect Peter has within the game, but for those that have better memories than me, exactly how good was he?

Thanks in advance.

I'm 33 and I saw plenty of him as a player in his time at Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton and then his second spell at Newcastle so I'm not quite sure how you missed him.

He was a talented player on the ball and excellent at creating chances for other people, Andy Cole for one owes him a great deal. He was one of those players who made others look better without ever really being the star himself, very much a players player.

Very very good without every quite being great.

He was one of those players who made others look better without ever really being the star himself, very much a players player.

ive heard this about Emile Heskey so many times, Was beardsley that bad ;)

Thanks Trent.

Maybe i just never fully appreciated him, or my football knowledge at the time wasn't that great.

Your 'made others look better, without ever being the star himself' comment, maybe backs that up. :D

If you are 33 then you should remember him. His career was 85 to 98ish.

I remember when Newcastle threw away that 12 point lead in 1996, he was one of the main players in that newcastle team.

He was one of those players who made others look better without ever really being the star himself, very much a players player.

ive heard this about Emile Heskey so many times, Was beardsley that bad ;)[/quote

Heskey has more England caps than Beardsley. :o

If you are 33 then you should remember him. His career was 85 to 98ish.

I remember when Newcastle threw away that 12 point lead in 1996, he was one of the main players in that newcastle team.

Maybe i didn't word my OP properly.

As i said in my reply to Trent, i do remember seeing him play but maybe just just didn't have the football knowledge to appreciate his game.

Poor (for not explaining myself properly) opening post, sorry.

nickname at Liverpool - Quasimodo

Speciality - being Dalglish's mate and next door neighbour, until… kabbam, the wive's fell out and that was it, career in a red shirt over.

I want to know more. What is your source?

Just done some research and this is a quote from a four four two interview with Dalglish.

"I didn’t sell him, so that is an easy record to set straight. He was still there when I left. Did I have a falling out with Peter Beardsley? No, not at all."

So Dalglish left the club before Beardsley.

Â