Neil Lennon; Sinner or Sinned against

PauloBarnesi

Would it be fair to ask the same people that posted here what they think of Ally McCoist?

There is a huge dislike of everything to do with Scottish football on this site (some of it valid, some of it total nonsense), so I'm just curious if this thread is just that, or if there is actually a special dislike for Lennon.

Would it be fair to ask the same people that posted here what they think of Ally McCoist?

There is a huge dislike of everything to do with Scottish football on this site (some of it valid, some of it total nonsense), so I'm just curious if this thread is just that, or if there is actually a special dislike for Lennon.

not a fan of Scottish football but wouldnt label somebody a word removed unless merited and for LEnnon it really is. As for McCoist you dont see him trying to rile Celtic fans as a player or manager same with Walter Smith and Gordan Strachan and dare I say it when up there MON and Eck

I like McCoist. It probably helps that I watched him for years on A Question of Sport. So I 'know' him better. But I'm not one of the ones who has a problem with Lennon anyway, so it probably wasn't for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Given the decline of Scottish football, doing well at Celtic isn't going to get you much more than a job in the Championship nowadays. Bolton are still a reletively big club ay that level, I'm sure he has been promised funding to compete for promotion within the next few years.

When you look at what an arse of a job that Norwegian bloke is doing at Celtic now, Lennon did an exceptional job there in comparison, champions league group stages was incredible given the team he had to work with

Thought he'd get a better job when you consider some of the incompetents who've managed in the Premier League. Let's not forget that he is a ginger so I can understand other clubs' reluctance.

• Like 1

When you look at what an arse of a job that Norwegian bloke is doing at Celtic now, Lennon did an exceptional job there in comparison, champions league group stages was incredible given the team he had to work with

So did Strachan in fairness.

I'm not a fan of Lennon (although in fairness he came across o.k on MOTD 2) but given who else is in the championship relegation battle this year I wish him the very best of luck. ;)

Thought he'd get a better job when you consider some of the incompetents who've managed in the Premier League. Let's not forget that he is a ginger so I can understand other clubs' reluctance.

I think you need to start a thread on the matter...............................

The persecution this man suffered when playing for Northern Ireland was an absolute disgrace, tbh , it speaks volumes about the man that he still managed rise above such vitriolic bigotry, and carve out a relativley successful career , and being a bit of a left footer myself , metaphorically that is , I have nothing but admiration for the man , and wish him nothing but the best .

• Like 1

Carefully chosen job for Lennon.

He can't fail.

Decent sized club doing badly...

If he bombs - Already screwed when I got here, not my players blah blah blah

If he gets them to finish around 14th in the Championship - dragged them up off the bottom in less than a season

Carefully chosen job for Lennon.

He can't fail.

Decent sized club doing badly...

If he bombs - Already screwed when I got here, not my players blah blah blah

If he gets them to finish around 14th in the Championship - dragged them up off the bottom in less than a season

Is that referred to as a sub - conscious pun .

Â