Neil Lennon; Sinner or Sinned against

PauloBarnesi

I honestly don't pay the slightest bit of attention to Scottish football beyond knowing which of the two is on top at any given time.

So I've no clue if the refs are against Celtic or not but if they are it is probably in part down to the fact that Lennon is a bit of a tosser.

I watched the game yesterday, the first one since the Messiah was up there (and how I wish he had stayed :winkold: )

The first sending off was ridiculous. The second was entirely correct.

Lennon is a prat, and Scottish football is completely shit.

He doesnt deserve the death threats, but he is a **** idiot who provokes other **** idiots into doing them. Was it last year when Celtic won at Ibrox where he stood in the centre circle cupping his ears at the silence from the Rangers crowd? What did he think that would achieve except to provoke a response? Like I said, he doesnt deserve the serious threats he gets, but as the man clearly doesnt have a shred of dignity in his body I cant offer him that much sympathy.

Trying to get objectivity in this thread will be fun.

Back to the issue. I certainly thought he was in the right in this latest incident. He was treated unnecessarily heavy-handed by the referee. Scottish referees and the Scottish FA have always been far more militant than their English counterparts. They're all mini-Hitlers up there.

Lennon can be his own worst enemy at times. It's a pressure job that demands constant success and at times he has shown an inability to deal with things going against him. Maybe this was a case of his reputation preceding him and also in not appreciating that the referee would have been fairly stressed at reffing an Old Firm game. So maybe he wasn't in his most receptive mood to any kind of criticism.

I doubt the SFA will admit to any kind of wrongdoing though and they'll justify everything that the ref did. Rightly or wrongly.

So I think in this particular case he was sinned against. But that's not always the case.

Am I the only one who does not have a problem with him? It seems so.

I don't particularly have a problem with him. He is what he is. I can take him or leave him like most managers.

Â