Midweek football 26/29 March

andykeenan

The only thing about the game that upset me has been barcas complaint about the pitch. it was the bloody same for both teams.

yeah but milan supposedly used the old mourinho trick of not cutting the grass, id say at a guess it was perfectly within tolerance, if there even is one, but it is something that hinders barcas style

are you wenger :D

people play to there strengths, that's not cheating, its common sense.

To be fair, Milan agreed they would water the pitch before hand and then broke that agreement, a little cheeky.

The only thing about the game that upset me has been barcas complaint about the pitch. it was the bloody same for both teams.

yeah but milan supposedly used the old mourinho trick of not cutting the grass, id say at a guess it was perfectly within tolerance, if there even is one, but it is something that hinders barcas style

no i agree and barca should be used to it by now because its something ive now heard used against them several times, plus to be fair you cant blame long grass for lack of shape and movement in your front 3

Yeah Nesta and Ambrosini were excellent at keeping Messi quiet, but the way Barca set up was likely to keep Messi quiet. They had no attacking threat down the left at all meaning that when Messi dropped deep Sanchez was isolated. The pitch seemed to be cutting up too which didn't help the game much imo. I think both sides will be happy with the result though.

Definitely, very negative from Barcelona. Main problem was Messi was dropping deep (as he does and how he plays) but no runners from deep, you had Sanchez but that was it, everything else for the majority was behind the ball. Shocked Fabregas didn't start or then at least Pedro to provide down the left. Although Barca score so many goals from controlling the game they are also very dangerous from mini counter attacks, winning the ball in midfield, breaking from there but how many times did likes of Messi pick it up to be faced with 4/5 players behind the ball with only Sanchez in front. Too many.

Milan's midfield and defence did a brilliant job but their job was made easier I think, as good as an individual as Messi is, players of there experience are always crowd out one player. Runners from deeper positions and holding of width on the left could have really opened Milan up and created space for Messi in 1 on 1 situations, more like the group game.

That was my take anyway, maybe Milan were just brilliant but I can't help feel Barca played into their hands.

no i agree and barca should be used to it by now because its something ive now heard used against them several times, plus to be fair you cant blame long grass for lack of shape and movement in your front 3

i do agree mate. its just i despair listening to guys like wenger moaning about teams like stoke. Why would you play to a another teams strengths? We would all like to see our team play like barca. but its about winning and playing to yr strengths. well done Milan.

Â