Midweek football 26/29 March

andykeenan

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's game. Milan's defending was world class. Nesta was mostly brilliant and for the bits where he was caught out he was very clever. Antonini was the star for me and Ambrosini had 'a man's game' as the commentator put it. Both sides more than played their part. Both sides could have won it. Barça had legitimate claims for a penalty and AC Milan could've been 2 up within 5 minutes. I think both sides will be quite content with the result too. Given that either side could've won on the night, Milan will be happy Barcelona have no away goals and Barça will be happy to take Milan back to the Nou Camp without a first leg advantage.

Yawn. I don't watch much non-Villa football, and I've been hearing all season about how Messi and Barca are a goal machine, so I watched this.

Just my luck to see the supposedly unstoppable force hit the immovable object that is classic Italian catenaccio.

I must agree with Southgate. I haven't seen a game in the Premier League this season played with that level of intensity or to that standard. As a Villa fan it was a stark example of just how far we are from being a top side. It also showed me that anyone saying the Premier League is the best in the world as if it's some unarguable statement of truth is maybe a little bit off. I don't think the Prem has necessarily slipped. I just think the others have caught up a bit. I think the top leagues are now more evenly matched than they have been for a long time. I obviously include Germany in that.

Pato wont be available for the next leg, Milan lab have released a statement saying they don't know what's wrong with him..

He only ever gets injuries at home, the San Siro pitch is awful, but because neither team owns it, neither will replace it..

I love him, but I think Pato needs to leave Milan in order to sort himself out. He's stagnant.

Might not have helped that he grew 6 inches whilst he's been at Milan, and he was 19 when he first moved.. Might be a case of weak thigh muscles because of the growth, but no one knows for sure.

Some people are saying pato COULD be available for Tuesday??

I personally wouldn't put him in, even though he would have been brilliant yesterday..

Let him get fully healed, then play im him late April or the last couple of games in May..

Last 2 things I read regarding Pato were:

Matteo Colturani: "The statements of Meersseman regarding Pato? I understood they're groping in the dark. Pato won't play for the rest of the season. They haven't understood on the diagnostic level how to stop these recurring injuries".

Cristiano Ruiu: "Pato's comeback? There isn't scheduled any comeback, from here until the rest of the season".

I'd sit him out for the rest of the season if I were Milan. He's been complete shite when he's played anyway, so no point in risking him.

Just caught the second half and was hugely disappointed with Barca. Yes they were up against a fantastic defence but they didn't do anything to justify 'the best team ever.'

Probably the worst Barca performance i've seen in quite a while.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's game. Milan's defending was world class. Nesta was mostly brilliant and for the bits where he was caught out he was very clever. Antonini was the star for me and Ambrosini had 'a man's game' as the commentator put it. Both sides more than played their part. Both sides could have won it. Barça had legitimate claims for a penalty and AC Milan could've been 2 up within 5 minutes. I think both sides will be quite content with the result too. Given that either side could've won on the night, Milan will be happy Barcelona have no away goals and Barça will be happy to take Milan back to the Nou Camp without a first leg advantage.

100%

Looking at the bbc website today, bore draw i hear, poppy cocks.

The level of intensity and (as you say) world class defending, was a joy to watch.

The only thing about the game that upset me has been barcas complaint about the pitch. it was the bloody same for both teams.

The only thing about the game that upset me has been barcas complaint about the pitch. it was the bloody same for both teams.

yeah but milan supposedly used the old mourinho trick of not cutting the grass, id say at a guess it was perfectly within tolerance, if there even is one, but it is something that hinders barcas style

yeah but milan supposedly used the old mourinho trick of not cutting the grass, id say at a guess it was perfectly within tolerance, if there even is one, but it is something that hinders barcas style

are you wenger :D

people play to there strengths, that's not cheating, its common sense.

Â