Midweek football 26/29 March

andykeenan

Thought it would be tough for Milan to come away with anything less than a 2 or 3 goal loss with them missing so many players.

Ambrosini is one of the most underrated players of his generation. Superb tonight.

i dont know how the ref didnt give a pen for the shirt pull on puyols diving header

It's stupid what you can get away with in the area. Anywhere else on the pitch and it'd be a free kick and probably a yellow card.

I thought it was a great game, despite the score.

Some great performances too. Ambrosini, Bonera, Busquets all quality.

Also, that's the quietest I've seen Messi in a long time.

That was an awesome game. Tatically Allegri was brilliant, the midfield 3 in front of the back 4 was absolutely superb. Very, very organised and professional from thost guys.

Robinho should have scored, but he's not a finisher.. He's better on the wings. Ibra, it was a decent save, annoying though because Ibra showed against Catania he's got a decent left foot with 2 of his 3 coming from his left foot in that game..

Seedorf rolled back the years, he's really not been that good lately, but got tired and faded after 60 mins.

Antonini - His best game in 2 years, those 2 tackles will do him the world of good, I hope he keeps up this form!

Nesta - Nothing can be said about him, apart from 'the best'.

Thought Bonera played well too.

Barca did what Barca do, play with patience, but they came up a defensive masterclass tonight.

We'll probably get beaten 2-1/3-1 at Camp Nou, but I'm proud of Milan tonight.

Forza Milan!

Tatically Allegri was brilliant,

Ought to shut up a few fans who I know say he can't do it in the big games. 0-0 and 2-3 in Milan, 2-2 in Barca. Hardly embarassing scores in 3 games against the Worlds best team. To get tonights result with half of the first XI missing is superb too.

Oh and take notes from Ambrosini, Busquets. That's what a real DM does.

yeah but biscuits isnt a real DM is he? there are plenty of bits of his game that ambrosini cant do either, both seem to have mastered being able to commit umpteen fouls without being noticed, ambrosini must have had about 8 in the 2nd half alone

Oh and take notes from Ambrosini, Busquets. That's what a real DM does.

yeah but biscuits isnt a real DM is he? there are plenty of bits of his game that ambrosini cant do either, both seem to have mastered being able to commit umpteen fouls without being noticed, ambrosini must have had about 8 in the 2nd half alone

Oh I know, but that's okay because Ambrosini doesn't feign a punch in the face every time somebody flails an arm in his line of sight.

There is an honesty in Ambrosini kicking a player in the face, smashing through the back of Messi to get the ball, same can't be said about Busquets.

Yeah Nesta and Ambrosini were excellent at keeping Messi quiet, but the way Barca set up was likely to keep Messi quiet. They had no attacking threat down the left at all meaning that when Messi dropped deep Sanchez was isolated. The pitch seemed to be cutting up too which didn't help the game much imo. I think both sides will be happy with the result though.

Â