Being a DJ

Stevo985

The best name I ever saw was on a flyer for a rave in 92/93. MC Squared, if only for the delicious drug related pun it generated: e=mc²

Incidentally, I've looked into a couple of DJ "schools" and found what looks to be a decent one in Birmingham (The DJ Academy if anyone's interested)

Still not going to go for that straight away as it's £400 (although I can get my company to pay about £120 of that) for an 8 week course. But it's definitely something I'll consider if I really get into it. Even if compuer software is the way forward, I'd still like to learn the vinyl/cdj way of doing things. A bit like learning to drive. Even if I was going to drive an automatic for the rest of my life, I'd still like to know how to drive a manual.

Cheers for all the tips so far guys :thumb:

I was going to start with a hercules and the Traktor software, but now I'm a bit apprehensive thinking I should be going for vinyl.

Again, I think I'll start with the hercules and if I decide I'm actually going to take this really seriously I'll get myself some vinyl deck and learn from the ground up.

forget any software, laptop mixing is boring bullshit. When you blend 2 vinyls together knowing it was all you it feels amazing, clicking a mouse to mix 2 tunes is no harder than writing a post on this forum.

Clicking a mouse button at the right time to guarantee spot on phrasing is..........but not much so I do agree with your point really :D

Â