Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Villa to comfortably lose against one of the "elite clubs"

Mcleish to blame injury crisis forgetting we were utter gash when at full strength and remind us that we can't expect to beat Chelsea but does point to a daisy cutter from Heskey in the 90th minute as a shot on target.

Let's hope Mcleish plays the dutch formation so we catch Chelsea off guard. Get the Kleenex ready in case we go pass the half way line.

Mcleish out. Lerner out.

Team selection will be interesting. No N'Zogbia or Bent means no Gabby out wide so no width. I'd drop Albrighton for balance and go with this:

-----------------------Given-------------------------

Lichaj-------Cuellar----------Collins------Warnock

------------------------Herd--------------------------

-----------Petrov----Gardner-----Ireland----------

--------------Weimann------Agbonlahor-----------

Bench will be interesting again - possibly:

Guzan, Clark, Baker, Bannan, Albrighton, Heskey and Carruthers?

Sadly, I suspect that McLeish will try to go with width and find the only player in our squad he can imagine down the left is Heskey.

Any more injuries before Saturday and things could get very interesting.

Why don't we just not turn up? If you do that in Sunday league then you automatically lose 3-0 so when you think about it that might be better than turning up?

Not only might it be better for the goal difference but seeing as we've no chance of actually winning it would save the players and manager not to mention the fans the effort of having to turn up.

Oh and we could save money on paying the players appearance fee's so that is another bonus.

So when you think about it us not turning up might actually be the best thing, it would only be slightly less positive than McLeish's tactics anyway.

Why don't we just not turn up? If you do that in Sunday league then you automatically lose 3-0 so when you think about it that might be better than turning up?

Not only might it be better for the goal difference but seeing as we've no chance of actually winning it would save the players and manager not to mention the fans the effort of having to turn up.

Oh and we could save money on paying the players appearance fee's so that is another bonus.

So when you think about it us not turning up might actually be the best thing, it would only be slightly less positive than McLeish's tactics anyway.

I agree Trent. We have to be realistic.

If you take a look at what is now available in our squad even Fergie or 'The Special One' would struggle to get a few wins with our remaining games. The fact that we have AM at the helm fills me with absolute dread as to what is going to happen.

If McStupid had Fergie's or the special one's squad we would still struggle to win a game.

In fact McStupid could have Guardiola's squad and we would still struggle to win.

Team selection is going to be really tricky for this one. I'd like to see us try to give the team a bit more balance. With CNZ being out again the left hand side is a really problem. I'm pretty sure AM will waste our most 'potent' player in Gabby by stcking him out wide and playing Weimann up top on his own.

If Clark is fit I'd give consideration to playing him at left back and pushing Warnock forward. We know Warnock has had his problems but they have been mainly defensive issues. Going forward he's usually not too bad. At the end of the day he can't be any less effective than Gabby has been and it would give us alot better balance and enable us to shove Gabby forward and give Weimann support.

----------------------Given-----------------------

Lichaj----------Cuellar------Collins-------Clark

------Albrighton-------Petrov--------Warnock

--------------------Ireland----------------------

---------Weimann----------Agbonlahor-------

Because we're playing an "elite" team we have lost this before a ball has even been kicked, thanks Alex, thanks a lot mate.

Thank god Winston Churchill didnt have Mcleishs mentallity. if he did we would be wondering round in lederhosen saying Wir fahrn fahrn fahrn auf der Autobahn

Because we're playing an "elite" team we have lost this before a ball has even been kicked, thanks Alex, thanks a lot mate.

Thank god Winston Churchill didnt have Mcleishs mentallity. if he did we would be wondering round in lederhosen saying Wir fahrn fahrn fahrn auf der Autobahn

"We have to be realistic. Germany are an elite country. If we try and fight them we will get destroyed. They're in a different league to us. Sieg Heil".

Ginger word removed.

...And now Petrov apparently has a fever, so he may not be available! Grrrrr

Might be a blessing in disguise, we could set up like this and will be able to play a quicker, more attacking game:

-------------Given---------------

Lichaj Cuellar Collins Warnock

--------Herd-----Gardner-------

Alby--------Ireland-------Gabby

-----------Weimann-------------

I was thinking similiar... To be honest, I'm quite positive about games against Chelsea because they seldom beat us at Villa Park, last one I can remember is under MON, and if it is to be a younger side out there, then they'll play without fear in my opinion. You're right it could be a blessing in disguise, or it could be another kick to drop us back into the relegation mire...

I like that line up chappy.. So with that said Heskey break your leg and Petrov take you time in getting better, just think if you milk it your end career holiday could start now ;).