• Petrov
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Herd 52)
    • Weimann (for Heskey 65)
    • Lichaj (for Hutton 72)

Taken from the Guardian match comments:

Great win for us, but god it must be tough being an Aston Villa fan at the moment.
When things are going bad at least I know, I only have to think about Alex McLeish twice a season. I pity Villa fans.
I'd be pulling my hair out if I paid to watch that shower week in, week out

Opposing fans pity us.

can you imagine when fergie leaves united, if they employed mancini, payed city shed loads for him and then started doing incredibly shit with terrible football?

united fans wouldnt accept it and would do everything they could to get rid of him until he was.

but with villa, were forced to accept it, we need to do more as fans to get rid of this cock

Disgusting performance, no desire to win. Ashamed that we as a club are beeing let down by a lack of desire to win and quality. No matter what ppl might say, its very difficult to care anymore and even think we have a remote possibility to beat anyone in the top 5. Pathetic....

Positives:

-Weimann, so obviously should have started (MOTM)

-Ireland. Including his tenacity, that challenge late on was what we need from Petrov all the time

-Hutton, not a bad game again

-Herd, not sure why he was taken off over Petrov (unless he had a knock)

Negatives:

Everything else.

Heskey shouldn't have started.

Today was another 'lets keep the score down' tactic from AMC and yet again it failed, particularly when we saw just how vulnerable they were when we did actually attack. Im going out now to try and forget the performance. At least lolverpool lost.

given, Ireland, albrighton only ones to applaud villa fans at the end...the rest should be ashamed. gabby and gardner couldn't have disappeared down the tunnel quick enough. thought they were villa lads?? disgrace...

I'd expect Gabby to, especially seeing as he was shit today. Looks to me like he needs a good old fashioned dropping, he's been poor for weeks now.

Gardner was on the pitch for all of 15 minutes, don't really see the problem there to be honest.

I'd expect Gabby to, especially seeing as he was shit today. Looks to me like he needs a good old fashioned dropping, he's been poor for weeks now.

Gardner was on the pitch for all of 15 minutes, don't really see the problem there to be honest.

gabby isnt happy and wants out of the club.

not long got back. the game was lost the minute mcleish handed in the teamsheet with heskey on there. he clearly set out his stall to play to not lose. we spent most of the game with as many behind the ball as possible, and when we won it the tactic was to smash it aimlessly up to heskey or down the line.

heskeys main contribution of course was to foul or injure as many arsenal players as possible, whilst randomly falling over his own feet. weimann did more useful things in his first 2 minutes on the pitch than heskey had done in the previous hour.

at the back warnock was constantly out of position or making wrong decisions, though he wasnt helped by gabby just standing still instead of tracking back. thought cuellar was by far the best defender, made lots of good tackles and interceptions.

i cant even remember this 1 shot on target we supposedly had. the only chance i can remember was when weimann played it across the 6 yard box but it was behind gabby. and that chance came because the arsenal left back made a horrendous back pass.

arsenal had the game wrapped up after 20 minutes. they didnt even need to get out of 1st gear after that. they could have quite easily scored more if needed, and i dont think many could have argued if they had got 4 or 5 today

gabby isnt happy and wants out of the club.

Says who? You?

That's the last pound i'll spend on villa this season. I echo all of what has been posted so far.

Like most I've been going to the villa since I can remember, and never have I felt like I do now. I dont want to support, I see nothing too support.

What an utter shocking and depressing performance, one that fills me with dread.

And Ireland.....probably the only one that tried today.....and the ONLY member of the team to walk down to the crowd and say thanks.

Gutted.

The moment i heard Heskey was playing--i knew the towel had been flung in, what a waste of a shirt,down to 10 men before kick -off,

yet another Saturday night and weekend spoiled----becoming all too common this season.

Disgusted to hear that so few players went over to thank the travelling fans,--complete lack of respest ,to those who help to pay their high,but hardly ever earned wages----poor showing you Villa Boys.

Whats the **** point?

The minute I see Heskey, I knew we were just punting this game. The load of crap just waffles about, not closing down and not chasing and not even offering an outlet for hoofs. He could care less what was happening in the game.

And for all the shit we've given Ireland, in the dying minutes of a horrible game, he sprinted back and made a great tackle to pause further embarassment. You know why? Because he actually gave a shit. So 10/10 and MOTM for caring.

Alby tries hard but it's all in his head. Can't make a decision and his final ball has been atrocious for the longest time.

I'm new to Villa and watch every game here from America but its difficult to stomach.

**** you Mcleish, I hate everything you stand for.

As soon as I saw Heskey walking out I switched the Tv off and went to bed, thank **** I live the other side of the world and can get away from it although I'm pretty sure the "plastic" fans here will remind me.

For me that's season over, I'm going to do my best to not read, watch, listen until August. And if that ginger is still in charge then the following August.

Villa in anti-football shocker.

I actually don't know what to say. What can you say about that? Villa are draining every last bit of optimism from me. It was a cracking sunny day down in north London and to be honest the players looked as if they were pissed off they weren't sunbathing.

I'm going for a meal tomorrow at the VMF restaurant at Villa Park and I'm tempted to break into the board room and refuse to leave until Lerner sacks that useless ginger muppet. Oh wait, Lerner won't be there, he never is...

Â