Steam

PussEKatt

Everyone vote for The Longest Journey for the next Community Choice. I've heard it's meant to be really good.

You love your manga don't you Hogso ;) I'd start a manga and anime thread on here but I think we'd be the only ones who post in it.

Everyone vote for The Longest Journey for the next Community Choice. I've heard it's meant to be really good.

Hurray, my plan worked!

75% off so it's only £1.49. I've heard good things about it but never played it, think I'll pick this up. It has a Metacritic rating of 91.

Also, Thief: Deadly Shadows is available today for £1.74. If ever you wanted to play one of the most lauded levels in computer game history, Shalebridge Cradle, then now's the time people. That level still gives me the creeps.

The Longest Journey is a great point and click adventure. Looks like shit these days but the reason its so rated - the story - still stands pretty strong.

And yeah Shalebridge; still in my opinion the greatest example of horror in a video game. Best way to play it though is to go in completely blind.

TLJ is probably my favourite PC game ever. It's not really like Myst. I know Myst is a classic and all (I think?) but its so completly devoid of atmosphere I found it a horror to play when I did so a few years back. But in terms of, you know, picking stuff up, and using it on other things to solve puzzles and such like, yeh that is similar.

I also really enjoyed the sequel, Dreamfall - a game which is desperate for a sequel itself, but I know if itll ever happen, although they did mention at some point they wanted to finish the story with 'episodic content'...

You love your manga don't you Hogso ;) I'd start a manga and anime thread on here but I think we'd be the only ones who post in it.

There is one! I almost bumped it the other day. Might have to now.

Just picked up the 'Total War Mega Pack' for £8.74. I've never played any of them before, yet have heard good things. Plus I enjoy strategy games at times and figured it was worth a punt. Good purchase?

TLJ is probably my favourite PC game ever. It's not really like Myst. I know Myst is a classic and all (I think?) but its so completly devoid of atmosphere I found it a horror to play when I did so a few years back. But in terms of, you know, picking stuff up, and using it on other things to solve puzzles and such like, yeh that is similar.

Ever play Riven? That's my favourite Myst game and, for me, oozes atmosphere. The Myst games are pretty unique for me, the experience I have playing them is unlike any other games I play and enjoy.

Just picked up the 'Total War Mega Pack' for £8.74. I've never played any of them before, yet have heard good things. Plus I enjoy strategy games at times and figured it was worth a punt. Good purchase?

Fantastic games. Playing Total War: Shogun II and Empire: Total War myself at the moment.

They can be a little intimidating to begin with as there is so much to learn, but once you get to grips with the basics they are a joy to play. So much depth.

I played the The Rome:Total War game years ago and that is excellent too.

The only ones I haven't played are the Medieval ones, but i've only heard good thing about them.

Yeah just saw Fallout: New Vegas is one of the next few deals. At £3.74 for the game and then £7.49 for the game plus all that DLC that's an amazing price.

I noticed last night that TLJ is bundled with Dreamfall for £3.50 or so. Worth the extra for Dreamfall, although I don't know if the sale has gone now.

So you like military/war games then?

I'm not having a pop here, it just seems like even you're not sure what you have against steam other than the nebulous notion you're having your rights violated.

Yes I do like war games.I play RTS and turn based games.

No.Its up to me whether I buy a steam game or not,so they are not violating my rights in any way.Its like I said before no one has the right to tell me what to do unless they have a legal right.So, when I pick up a game and I must register on steam to play it then I dont buy the game.

I am only forced to register with steam if I want to play the game, so I exercise my right and dont buy the game.

I just think that steam should be optional NOT compulsary,and in a nutshell that is my complaint.As far as DRM goes,as I said I play Football Manager 2012 without the need for steam. :)

As I said in my very first post in this thread, it just sounds like a lot of effort to avoid something that really isn't worth avoiding.

Like I said in an earlier thread.I dont know if its the way I was brought up or whether its just me or what. I just cant handle people ordering me to do stuff unless they have the right to do so.

I cant help it, thats the way I am.

If you want to be mad at someone PussEKat, be mad at all the pirates out there who rip these games and make them free and be mad at all the people who download free games instead of purchasing them. Companies have to find some way to protect their products. Now, I'm not in any way defending some companies and their DRM because frankly sometimes it's ridiculous, but Steam is a fantastic service, perfectly harmless and has some great games for some great prices, especially in the Summer Sale.

Companies have a right to try and protect their product from piracy. In future, I suggest looking more closely at what requirements you will have to abide by in order to play a game you've bought.

However, for a self-proclaimed RTS fan I'd have thought PC gaming would be right up your alley and Steam has loads of great RTS and Strategy games and they're relatively cheap too.

Not sure whether to buy New Vegas with it's DLC at £7.49 or being the minor gamer I am, grab the normal copy at £3.74. Never played any of the others so I'm not sure what it's about. Saw a few gameplay/trailer videos and heard from many it was good. But for that price why not!?

Not sure whether to buy New Vegas with it's DLC at £7.49 or being the minor gamer I am, grab the normal copy at £3.74. Never played any of the others so I'm not sure what it's about. Saw a few gameplay/trailer videos and heard from many it was good. But for that price why not!?

Either of them are well worth the money.

There's an awful lot of (superb) game for the money there.

If you want to be mad at someone PussEKat, be mad at all the pirates out there who rip these games and make them free and be mad at all the people who download free games instead of purchasing them. Companies have to find some way to protect their products. Now, I'm not in any way defending some companies and their DRM because frankly sometimes it's ridiculous, but Steam is a fantastic service, perfectly harmless and has some great games for some great prices, especially in the Summer Sale.

Companies have a right to try and protect their product from piracy. In future, I suggest looking more closely at what requirements you will have to abide by in order to play a game you've bought.

However, for a self-proclaimed RTS fan I'd have thought PC gaming would be right up your alley and Steam has loads of great RTS and Strategy games and they're relatively cheap too.

You have got me all wrong again.

I am not mad at anyone. If a game needs steam then I dont buy it, simple.

As far as RTS and turn based war games go, I am right up with the play.I have Civ 1.2.3.4. and 5 and 5 happens to be on steam.Luckly I prefer 2 and 4 so I dont play 5.Football Manager 2012 I have the boxed version but I play the one my friend got me from Bangcock,this one does not need steam.The only games I am missing out on ( if you could say that ) is Empire Total War ( I have Rome and the Mediaval series ) and Ruse,but I can handle that.Also lucky for me, my type of game seems to have gone out of fashion except for the turn based versions. So I am ok there as well .

Bottom line: I cant help it,thats just me.

I must add though, that if companies really want to cut down on piracy then they should look into places like Thailand and Bali.These places whole economy is based on piracy.

Â