Hunting, yes or no?

Guest av1

As a Canadian who has worked "up North", I have no problems with hunting. Trophy hunting though I find repulsive. And certainly, if I am to retain my love for such things as full English breakfasts, meat pies and steak, I can hardly support the banning of hunting for food on moral grounds.

Disagree with shooting entirely. But my rival shoot charges £39 per bird and they shoot c.40k birds a year... so someone likes it.

Hunting for food or pest control is fine, no problems with that.

Fox hunting is ok with me as well. But mowing down birds with a 12 bore that a couple of dogs and your mates have flushed out for you is bollocks. No challenge or skill in that at all.

I just think its a class thing. No one ever complains about the bloke sitting on the edge of a lake, river or canal, trying to hook a fish, weighing it and the throwing it back. There are over 2m doing that in the UK alone

I support a ban on hunting endangered animals...

I support hunting animals if you eat what you kill...

But killing animals for laughs...I don't agree with it at all. Should be banned everywhere.

I go once a year to Okehampton in Devon for a golfing weekend - last year the town was particulary busier than normal - when i asked a local he said that a "famous" white stag had been seen on the moors and there was a £10k on its head - and the hunters from far and wide, including overseas had come for it.

FFS a magnificent animal like this and all people want to do is kill it and mount its head!

I support a ban on hunting endangered animals...

I support hunting animals if you eat what you kill...

But killing animals for laughs...I don't agree with it at all. Should be banned everywhere.

Seriously, this is pretty much my stance.

I must admit on the specific issue of UK foxhunting I found myself coming down as emotionally neutral. I found the foxhunting fraternity to be a pretty unappealing bunch - but then again, so were the hunt saboteurs, so... meh.

Â