Fit in 2 Weeks?

villaajax

I'm thinking of taking part in a football match in just over two weeks time but I haven't really played any football in 2 years so I was wondering, does anyone have any advice?

All I really need is fitness, I don't eat a lot so I don't have any fat to burn off or anything like that so I'm hoping it might be possible, though most likely not.

Depends on your definition of 'fit'. You won't get marathon running fit in two weeks but you could boost your endurance a bit. You'll have to run every day, aiming to add distance every time. Also, you'll probably have to try and take it easy during the game.

It sounds obvious but don't forget to stretch and warm up/down. Running, whilst good, doesn't really prepare your joints for a football match. I played football after a long break and my legs were seized up for three days.

Thanks, I'm hoping it won't be too bad actually because I used to play 5 a side on an 11 a side pitch where I would act as Left, Centre and Right back, Defensive and Attacking Centre Midfielder and Right Winger all in one go where as this match will be 11 vs 11. So as you can imagine I did get quite a work out!

You're not going to see any huge improvement in 2 weeks.

My advice would be go out and do some running. Flat cardio and some intervals. Do it every other day for 10 days (and push yourself) and then rest.

Make sure you eat properly on the day. Have a healthy breakfast with carbs (something like porridge would be good), keep yourself hydrated and have a lucozade sport before the game.

And the warming up advice is sound. And push through the initial tiredness. You'll probably find yourself gasping after about 10 minutes and thinking you'll never last. Push through that and you'll settle into it.

Â