Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I've seen you knock Tevez before, very foolish of you.

He will sign tomorrow. Eto'o will sign a new contract at barca or will sign for City as well.

I think Tevez is better than Robinho, maybe not in terms of ability on the ball, but he surpasses Robinhos contribution with his workrate.

Another reason to hate Man Citeh?

They've signed up with Endemol (the crowd behing Big Brother) to expand their global brand. Well the first bit's already sorted "Manchester". They just need to tag 'City' on the end and change the colour a bit :D

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

That is a pretty damn good team to be fair. A good balanced midfield with De Jong holding, Barry being playmaker and Ireland in a free role. One of, if not THE, best keeper in the league, who single handedly kept Newcastle going for so long (and look what happened when he left) and a strike force which will no doubt be added to with Tevez (Eto'o will stay at Barca, apparently they offered him new 2 year deal).

I don't know what I think about Lescott.. he's very good, so I don't really want to see him go to Man City... but then again, they will buy a quality defender anyway... so they may as well weaken our closest rivals in doing so.

I've seen you knock Tevez before, very foolish of you.

I think Tevez is better than Robinho.

I just really don't rate him, alot of my United mates don't either. He was fortunate at United that he was playing with some of the Worlds best. Wright-Phillips and Santa Cruz are no Ronaldo and Rooney and he'll suffer because of it. Hard worker, few fancy flicks, but he's nothing great in my opinion.. he's also been awful everytime he's been to VP.

Tevez over Robinho? Even when Robinho can't be arsed he's more effective, in my opinion.

i might be one of the few actually rooting for ManCity (as long as its not at our cost), because if they break into the top 4 the team they replace will be totally F* for years to come. Hopefully it will be Liverpool. Imagine if they dont make the CL? They have financial problems as it is, they will lose another 30 Million and there will be a mass exodus of players. The following year they will be lucky to qualify for Europe. 2 years of no CL and they will go into administration!

I don't see us anywhere near the top 4. Can't stand Spurs, so might as well be City.

Not quite sure Liverpool would go into admin through 2 years of no CL.. but they'd certainly struggle, and could probably wave goodbye to Torres, Reina.. Gerrard and Carragher may even consider their options.

If it''s Liverpool who are replaced in the CL, then I'll hope Man City do break the top 4, but if any of those teams suffers I think it'll be Arsenal, and I quite like Arsenal (about the only person on this forum who does I think)

Not sure if i want Man City to break the top 4.

that would make it even harder for Villa in future years, as Chelsea, Man City & Man Utd would be financially untouchable.

Man City would do what Real Madrid are currently doing once the reach the CL.

Man City would do what Real Madrid are currently doing once the reach the CL.

I'm not so sure. Real Madrid are able to attract the top players because it's seen in world football as a top club. It's an honour to say you've played for Real Madrid.. probably the top team in the world.. it'd take Man City 4 or 5 years of continuous success to be seen anywhere near this light, and even then you haven't got the appeal playing for Real Madrid or Barcalona or Man Utd has.

Plus, it's Manchester. Hardly got the appeal to European players that Madrid or Milan has.

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

Taylor, Onuoha, Garrido, Zabaletta, Petrov, Fernandes, Bellamy.

It actually looks like a fairly decent side to be honest, alot of good, young players rather than massivel, high-profiled, mercenaries. This is if the likes of Dunne, Johnson and Jo leave as well, so they could be stronger, even if they don't get Lescott they'll still be very good.

Well don't think they'll get Lescott but it certainly gives this team a good game

Friedel

Young

Cuellar

Davies

Shorey

Milner

Sidwell

Petrov

Young

Carew

Agbag

• 5 months later...

Here is the article

Gareth Barry has revealed a number of Manchester City stars clashed with each other in the aftermath of their defeat to Tottenham.

City slumped to their second defeat of the season after a below-par showing in the 3-0 reverse at White Hart Lane.

The defeat saw City slip down to eighth spot in the table to increase the pressure on Mark Hughes' position at Eastlands.

Barry admitted the players were unhappy with the manner of the defeat and that there some strong views exchanged in the dressing room after the game.

"There was a lot of hurt players in there and the lads were really at each other's throats," said Barry.

"It's not just the defeat, it's the way we've lost - we've lost a lot of pride. A few words were said in the dressing room and we want to put things right."

Barry insists there was nothing malicious in the dressing room disagreements and has called on City to bounce back against Sunderland this weekend.

Response

"It's important how we react to this, the best teams bounce back straight away and we've got to try and do that," added Barry.

"We are determined to put that right. We want three points - nothing else is good enough. One of the reasons we were so disappointed with the defeat against Spurs was because they are one of the teams who are challenging us to be in the top four.

"It was a more disappointed dressing room because of the way we've lost. But there was nothing malicious, we are desperate to put things right."

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

Taylor, Onuoha, Garrido, Zabaletta, Petrov, Fernandes, Bellamy.

It actually looks like a fairly decent side to be honest, alot of good, young players rather than massivel, high-profiled, mercenaries. This is if the likes of Dunne, Johnson and Jo leave as well, so they could be stronger, even if they don't get Lescott they'll still be very good.

Well don't think they'll get Lescott but it certainly gives this team a good game

Friedel

Young

Cuellar

DaviesDunne

ShoreyWarnock

Milner

SidwellDowning

Petrov

Young

Carew

Agbag

And we've improved since! :-D