Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Wow, an increase of 5,000. That's great proof.

We put 30,000 a match in the seats when we were in Division 3 before any money!

City fans = glory hunters.

But they were shit for years and still mainitained a decent sized fan base. I seriously doubt they got their fans as a result of glory. But then again aren't all fan glory hunters? I don't watch Spurs in the hope we don't win any trophies (though we hardly ever do). I want glory, as do fans of all teams.

Well said, mate.

In a 2-club area and you were giving tickets away.

Well done.

Massive.

But they were shit for years and still mainitained a decent sized fan base. I seriously doubt they got their fans as a result of glory. But then again aren't all fan glory hunters? I don't watch Spurs in the hope we don't win any trophies (though we hardly ever do). I want glory, as do fans of all teams.

Of course all fans want glory, but glory-hunters follow a team because of the glory that team will enjoy.

The fact is that if you got to Manchester, the majority of fans there are United supporters who just follow their local club.

City fans didn't have the spine to follow clubs like Wigan, Bolton, Stockport etc. so they hunt glory with Citeh.

It's easy to pull in big crowds when there are just two clubs in your area too. There are 4 in the West Midlands and 10 in London.

Oh yeah, and in the FA Cup match v Stoke last year they got 28,000. So much for their massive, loyal following.

Did you see City's attendances when they were in the 3rd tier of English football? When things aren't going well all teams see their attendances hit apart from those with absolutely huge fan bases who can sell out whatever. Your arguments are riduclous. You're now saying they have decent crowds because they only have two sides in Manchester. Take a look at your own fan base. Villa are from a city with a much bigger population than manchester and also aren't vying for support with one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet your fan base is smaller than theirs. To suggest the fans of a club that has maintianed a healthy fan base, through years of disappointment, whilst being from the same city as Man Utd (surely the obvious choice to support for glory chasing Mancunians) are glory hunters is quite frankly absurd.

The fact is that in Manchester, when a United match is on, the pubs are packed to the rafters; when a Citeh match is on, they aren't. And that's in Fallowfield, City Centre, Withington, Didsbury etc.

That's a pretty poor "fact" to combat all the rather more convincing points made by joey.

Tell us, how do you combine your above point with your original assertion that Man City fans are "glory hunters"?

Surely "glory hunters" would be filling the pubs?

I don't usually come onto opposition forums after a win but I had to comment on this.

2007 - 39,997

2008 - 42,126 (when the money came in)

2009 - 42,899

2010 - 45,513 (when they were competing for CL)

This is proof that they are glory hunters.

City fans think that City are one of the great English clubs. Why do City have 3 stars above their crest? They are nobodies.

Have you ever seen City win the European Cup?

2003 - 46,834

Well said, mate.

Well done.

Massive.

City, United, Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Rochdale. Yep, that's two teams alright.

The fact is that in Manchester, when a United match is on, the pubs are packed to the rafters; when a Citeh match is on, they aren't. And that's in Fallowfield, City Centre, Withington, Didsbury etc.

It's because we're at the games, not in the pubs.

You've made my day.

The fact is that if you got to Manchester, the majority of fans there are United supporters who just follow their local club.

I'm sorry but thats a complete load of bollocks. The same thing was said about Man UTD but the other way round before City got money.

I don't usually come onto opposition forums after a win but I had to comment on this.

2007 - 39,997

2008 - 42,126 (when the money came in)

2009 - 42,899

2010 - 45,513 (when they were competing for CL)

This is proof that they are glory hunters.

City fans think that City are one of the great English clubs. Why do City have 3 stars above their crest? They are nobodies.

Have you ever seen City win the European Cup?

2003 - 46,834

Well said, mate.

Well done.

Massive.

City, United, Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Rochdale. Yep, that's two teams alright.

It's because we're at the games, not in the pubs.

You've made my day.

1. You had the high attendances in 2003 because of the novelty of a new stadium.

2. Yeah and in spite of Stockport or Oldham or whoever being the local club of City fans, they hunt glory with a PL club.

3. I'm talking about away matches too. But I suppose City take a half a million to every away game don't they?

Citeh fans aint glory hunters. Although I'm sure they will have a fair few in the future.

The annoying thing about todays 'match' was that City didn't even do anything whatsoever to win the game. We handed it to them on a plate.

We conceded 2 needless penalties, Friedel messed up for Balotelli's goal and well Lescott's goal wasn't actually a goal. I don't know how the linesman saw the ball cross the line.

I told you yesterday that today will be the easiest 3 points of the season and I was proved correct.

Games against Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool and now Man City we have just handed them 3 points.

Typical Citeh fans, all crawling out of the woodwork after a win.

Just seen an open-top bus parade on the A6 down to Stockport.

Still, these glory hunters will NEVER experience the ecstasy of winning the European Cup.

7 titles

7 FA cups

5 league cups

1 European Cup.

Shh!

Give it a rest. Sound pathetic.

2. Yeah and in spite of Stockport or Oldham or whoever being the local club of City fans, they hunt glory with a PL club.

So if that were their aim, why wouldn't they support Man Utd?

I've seen more solid logic in my time.

1. You had the high attendances in 2003 because of the novelty of a new stadium.

3. I'm talking about away matches too. But I suppose City take a half a million to every away game don't they?

1)

2004/5 - 45,192

2005/6 - 42,856

2006/7 - 39,997

2007/8 - 42,077

So that's a big, Stuart Pearce shaped blip in the middle. Only one season where it's gone under 40k.

2) Yeah, because we've always been in the Premiership haven't we?

3) Fact is, most United games home and away are on TV because there's gloryhunter demand for it. You can't watch something that isn't there can you?

I think he's on about you getting gloryhunters now, not when you weren't in the Premier League.

Which I accept will happen, it's bound to. But it's a bit of an irrelevant point to suggest that these fans are going to come from local clubs like Rochdale or Stockport? These 'fans' are usually a fair distance from the club.

A brand new account on a piss poor wind up. Ain't that cute.

**** off back to your own forum if you don't like it.

9/11 you are being a tool though to be fair.

He's not a Villa fan, mate. Been caught once and banned for winding up our forum and now he's moved on to yours.

Â