Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their squad is ridiculous. I hope we're not aspiring to be more like them. Multiple 50m players in every position and just passing teams to death incredibly efficiently. It's so boring to watch. It's like playing career mode with infinite money and all the sliders turned down. Liverpool 18/19 were much more exciting, and I like the way we currently play. 

I thought they were excellent and not at all boring.  Was a very enjoyable game to watch (on the whole).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought they were excellent and not at all boring.  Was a very enjoyable game to watch (on the whole).

Don't get me wrong, they were superb, but I don't know, their style rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's too mechanical. It's a very well oiled machine, with premium parts, at the peak of its powers. Maybe it's because they're missing an exciting superstar or 2 that gets you off your seat, like Pep's Barca had.

They were unbelievable. Really good side. 

Their online troll farm is funny to see. Paid accounts everywhere to defend them and go after any journalists who attack their owners. Trying to control narrative.

If we start slating them on here much CityLad21 will pop up and start reeling off every single indiscretion Aston Villa have ever made as a means of defence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't get me wrong, they were superb, but I don't know, their style rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's too mechanical. It's a very well oiled machine, with premium parts, at the peak of its powers. Maybe it's because they're missing an exciting superstar or 2 that gets you off your seat, like Pep's Barca had.

If they had a 100% fit Aguero, they could be consistently hitting teams for brackets 

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool have looked flat for a while now, United will drop points over the season (see Sheff United result) City look consistent now plus they have a game in hand on those two and also the better squad. Probably still early to call but it looks good for them in terms of the title this year. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Foden is just a sensational footballer. 

In the Euros I hope we go with 

Grealish Kane Foden 

Them two cutting in is so mouth watering.

Don't you forget Mason Mount playing as an 8 dictating everything.

Hopefully I'll be at that game. Though highly likely it'll be without fans. I get an email every month from UEFA with new refund information. Trying to hold back as much as possible, though if the government go ahead with no booze in pubs be bit crap around Wembley.

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Foden is just a sensational footballer. 

In the Euros I hope we go with 

Grealish Kane Foden 

Them two cutting in is so mouth watering.

But this is Gareth Southgate, will be Rice Henderson Livermore Phillips in midfield in front of a back 5 with Kane alone up front

Foden's a leftie so you could go:

Kane

Rashford    Grealish    Foden

It's one way of getting both Grealish and Rashford in as I can't see Rashford not playing.

On 20/01/2021 at 23:38, bobzy said:

Yeah this accusation gets thrown at Pep all the time.

Each to their own. But when they're on it I think they play the best football around.

Â