Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

On 05/03/2020 at 13:44, theboyangel said:

Troy Deeney is one of many current players 

I always get Deeney in fantasy, and captain him, before they play us, and if I've ever had cause to regret it I don't remember it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's because they rarely draw.  They've won 22 of 34 games. Manchester United have only won 15. Wolves 13, Arsenal 12.   People are making too much of this season being a failure for Manchester City, they are somewhat in transition with the loss of Kompany and big injuries in key positions (Laporte has missed 30+ games, Sane missed the entire season, Mendy appears to have upset a witch doctor) and with Liverpool taking such a big lead so early I think City have coasted to a certain extent.  They've still won a a trophy and are in a hell of a strong position in the Champions League.  Dunno how that European ban will pan out, the verdict is next week, but reports of their demise are greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Impressive that they are 2nd and have actually lost more games than United, Arsenal and Wolves this season

Depends which way you look at it. Maybe shows the players aren’t as committed as they were. Away form has been more like a mid table team 

On 09/07/2020 at 00:36, The_Rev said:

It's because they rarely draw.  They've won 22 of 34 games. Manchester United have only won 15. Wolves 13, Arsenal 12.   People are making too much of this season being a failure for Manchester City, they are somewhat in transition with the loss of Kompany and big injuries in key positions (Laporte has missed 30+ games, Sane missed the entire season, Mendy appears to have upset a witch doctor) and with Liverpool taking such a big lead so early I think City have coasted to a certain extent.  They've still won a a trophy and are in a hell of a strong position in the Champions League.  Dunno how that European ban will pan out, the verdict is next week, but reports of their demise are greatly exaggerated. 

Exactly. If the title race was still a race I’m sure a fair few of those losses would have been wins. 

They’ll be in the title race again next season. It’ll depend on how much Liverpool can keep up their dominance of this season

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Didn't think it would end up any other way.  That's why the Newcastle takeover will happen as well.  Money talks in any language. 

Honestly dubbs this is why im not bothered about football as much as i use to be. The whole things a sham. City get away with it

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Didn't think it would end up any other way.  That's why the Newcastle takeover will happen as well.  Money talks in any language. 

Never mind, got the PSG and Man C owners mixed up :D 

Edited by sne

If you are innocent you do not get fined 10 million.  So they are guilty of wrong doing.

I really could not care as has been discussed FFP is a complete joke a restraint of trade as football is a business.

There does need to be protection for clubs from shady ownership.  However if any money pumped in by owners is not saddled as a debt against the club i do not see an issue.

I win multi millions on the lottery and want to donate it to Walsall for instance to get them in the Premier League within 5 years.  I am not allowed to do that under FFP.  Its a joke.

• Like 1

I think the rules could be improved for sure, but they don’t want to change them.

What people like Abramovic we’re doing at Chelsea we’re pumping in many millions BUT calling them loans without a pay back date. This technically puts the club in debt to him and risks its future which FIFA claim is what they want to stop happening.

I don’t see why owners shouldn’t be allowed to pump money in as long as it was a gift. Fifa won’t change the rules because they don’t want to upset the order of things at the top table.

Good news to see man city stick it to the nonsense that is FFP. The "Big" clubs just want to keep their monopoly and be able to buy all the best players. It's about time Bayern, Juventus, etc. were challenged. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

Â