Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

19 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Worst thing for me is how little their players cared after the final whistle...  

and that goes for a lot of the fans too.

I could not believe how many were on the tube going back into central London so soon after the final whistle. The majority were Villa fans but the City fans on the tube and in the queues at Wembley Way  at the time it was could not have seen their team lift the cup.

Quite remarkable to be so blasé about winning a cup. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've found that very few people have a good mental handle on how much a billion pounds is. 

The first three pictures are a good representation, given that most of us would kill to have the one grain of rice in the bank, let alone anymore. (the last pic is Jeff Bezos' net worth)

Humphrey-Yang.jpg.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The first three pictures are a good representation, given that most of us would kill to have the one grain of rice in the bank, let alone anymore. (the last pic is Jeff Bezos' net worth)

Humphrey-Yang.jpg.webp

Nice demonstration, thanks.

One common insight in the field of political communication is that most voters hear numbers that end in '-illion' as if they're the same, and that there is little meaningful comprehension that 'millions' and 'trillions' are massively different. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nice demonstration, thanks.

One common insight in the field of political communication is that most voters hear numbers that end in '-illion' as if they're the same, and that there is little meaningful comprehension that 'millions' and 'trillions' are massively different. 

Yeah I agree. In this day and age, a million quid isn't a lot of money.

21 minutes ago, imavillan said:

and that goes for a lot of the fans too.

I could not believe how many were on the tube going back into central London so soon after the final whistle. The majority were Villa fans but the City fans on the tube and in the queues at Wembley Way  at the time it was could not have seen their team lift the cup.

Quite remarkable to be so blasé about winning a cup. 

It would happen to us if we had that level of expenditure and recent success.

I pray we never get taken over in such circumstances. I hate Villa fans enough as it is :)

On 02/03/2020 at 07:31, Hornso said:

Or it suits his agenda. Just like his comment "we couldn't afford Jack Grealish". :crylaugh:

Pep is a brilliant manager, but like a lot of managers in front of the media, they talk a bunch of bollocks to suit themselves.

But the recent media interview I was taking about how it's such fine margins between a manager being a failure and success isn't bollocks. So many fans react to short term knockout results as a reason for a manager to be successful or not. And it's just absurd. 

If managers can lose 2 or 3 games against the worst teams in the league and it's acceptable..why do they get judged to the extreme losing 1 or 2 games over a knockout period against the best teams of the world. 

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Grealish was doing that at 19 as well to be fair he just wasn’t as mature 

I'm not so sure on the last bit

Foden is definitely more street ratty, there are videos of him strolling round his local area in manc land in a grey tracksuit that are that bad you can smell the joop on him

I would say he must have a better group of mates who take care of him probably knowing what kind of pay day is coming 

And he's at a club that will definitely take better care of him and more control over anything that could get out 

Without wanting to make him sound blameless Jack was let down on both 

• Haha 1

And FWIW I think foden is quality and he will be a star 

But hes another that still doesn't have anything that great english midfielders of the past didn't have, he's part of the mould, might be better at it but he's no different

Grealish with his playing style is

I also think foden doesn't deserve a chance this summer, would be at the expense of jack or maddison who are both currently better, more consistent and actually playing 

Alli, Grealish, Maddison, Mount, all ahead in the queue at this point.

It's not to be able to list of some genuinely good forward thinking English players though, and they're all of a decent age.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He also didn't eactly have Aguero, de Bruyne, Silva, etc creating space for him.

Who needs them when you have Nzogbia and Carlos Sanchez 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

But the recent media interview I was taking about how it's such fine margins between a manager being a failure and success isn't bollocks. So many fans react to short term knockout results as a reason for a manager to be successful or not. And it's just absurd. 

If managers can lose 2 or 3 games against the worst teams in the league and it's acceptable..why do they get judged to the extreme losing 1 or 2 games over a knockout period against the best teams of the world. 

You said fine margins between teams originally, which is definitely false as the gap between the haves and have nots is at an all time worst and is getting worse every day (just like life). Margins for managers is different entirely.

Incredible stat:

Sergio Aguero has now scored more goals (254) for Manchester City than Wayne Rooney (253) did for Manchester United. 

He achieved this in 192 fewer games. 

One of the all-time greats. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Incredible stat: Sergio Aguero has now scored more goals against Aston Villa than any player in the history of the game, ever, EVER!

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thought Shane Long had that record followed closely by Deeney, Iheanacho and Richard Dunne. 

Esteemed company for Aguero 

I used to keep a record of this kind of stuff.

For a long time the word removed that kept doing us was Ian Rush.

After that it was Lee Chapman.

Â