Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Phil Foden looks some player. If he was playing at Villa he would already be a star like Grealish is.

It's a real shame he dosen't play more, would call him up for Euro 2020 if he did.

I know it's stacked ahead of him at Man. City but you'd think a six month loan move in January would've been benefical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

There are so many good young English players around at the moment 

Its the hope that kills you... 

Best RB in the world, top 3 out and out striker, most in form winger, imo the best front 3 in world football, creative midfielders coming out of our ears

Big tournament for Southgate, I think he's the opposite of previous managers, can tickle the players bollocks and make them enjoy being there which is half the battle, unfortunately the other half is that actual football stuff and he's not very good at it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Best RB in the world, top 3 out and out striker, most in form winger, imo the best front 3 in world football, creative midfielders coming out of our ears

Big tournament for Southgate, I think he's the opposite of previous managers, can tickle the players bollocks and make them enjoy being there which is half the battle, unfortunately the other half is that actual football stuff and he's not very good at it 

yes but he will still start probably the shittest goalkeeper in the tournament and Stones. Not sure who left back is but Chilwell will get torn apart by anybody decent

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Pickford probably couldn't be in the worst 20 if he tried. 

Has to be up there for starting keepers in the PL. I'm struggling to think of anyone worse that doesn't play for West Ham.

On 02/03/2020 at 10:42, rjw63 said:

Even the lowest paid player in that list could pay off my outstanding mortage in two weeks with change left over.

It's obscene really.

Mad really isn't it, You can't really blame them for taking what is offered though and there are plenty of people around that make some/most of them look like paupers but the equivalent of 1 days pay from a single player would change most normal peoples lives immesurably for the better

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Has to be up there for starting keepers in the PL. I'm struggling to think of anyone worse that doesn't play for West Ham.

Just from the "Big 6" alone, I'd have him over Kepa, DDG, Loris and Leno. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Not a chance, all 4 of our goalkeepers are better than him maybe Kalinic as well. England have much better goalkeepers 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'll give you Lloris, I forgot how bad he's gotten. I would have agreed with you before about Leno but he's been rather good lately and even with his recent dip in form DDG is still a level above Pickford. How Pickford is the de facto #1 for England while Pope is playing how he is, is beyond me. Add Heaton to that while he was fit.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Like I've said elsewhere, if Soutgate can't make a decent midfield and attack out of 

Henderson
Maddison
Grealish
Sancho
Sterling
Kane
Foden
Abraham

etc

Then we have serious problems. Ok the keeper and defence situation isn't the greatest, but we should still have a very decent team.

• Like 1

going OT

based on what I saw of him vs Bayern munich (when admittedly he was returning from injury) Abraham looked way off that level

I think if Kane was out then the likes of pep or klopp would create an attack using sterling, Sancho and then the glut of AMC we have

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

going OT

based on what I saw of him vs Bayern munich (when admittedly he was returning from injury) Abraham looked way off that level

I think if Kane was out then the likes of pep or klopp would create an attack using sterling, Sancho and then the glut of AMC we have

I agree, and we're not blessed with strikers. When we're talking about Danny Ings being our first choice in the summer you know we don't have a wealth of options.

But like you say (and I've said elsewhere), if Pep or Klopp had those players they'd be winning trophies

(yeah I know club football is different but you get the point)

6 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Mad really isn't it, You can't really blame them for taking what is offered though and there are plenty of people around that make some/most of them look like paupers but the equivalent of 1 days pay from a single player would change most normal peoples lives immesurably for the better

Yes, it’s not the players who earn a lot but the people who own the clubs and pay their wages. 

Top flight players are well off but non of them are billionaires. 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yes, it’s not the players who earn a lot but the people who own the clubs and pay their wages. 

Top flight players are well off but non of them are billionaires. 

I've found that very few people have a good mental handle on how much a billion pounds is. 

• Like 1

Â