Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's fairly common for this kind of thing to be appealed and punishments reduced.

I'd be very surprised if City managed to get off completely though.

I think City and PSG already got squad reductions to 21 players. Not really sure what else UEFA can throw at them 

1 hour ago, wedge said:

D Silva, Aguero and Sterling on the bench in Madrid so likely to start on Sunday. The squad depth they boast is absolute madness. 

Makes you wonder how they manage such a strong, expensive squad within the limitations of FFP :lol: 

• Haha 1

I just hope they'll be half arsed on Sunday. Even then we'll need to have our foot to the floor all game.

I hate being pessimistic but....citeh look scarily good. 

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Good points. I can't see UEFA going back on their own ban.

I'm interested to know what angle Man City are taking for their defence. From what has been revealed it seems to be pretty cut and dried that they broke the rules. Maybe they will appeal that the punishment is excessive?

Apparently there are a few angles. One is they are arguing they didn’t break the rules. They say that they have valued all sponsorship deals correctly and therefore haven’t breached any rules. It comes down to some hacked emails, which city state have been taken out of context. There is a second part of the charge is that they failed to disclose information, this is probably harder to defend, but I think the argument here is that they would’ve provided to an independent review not UEFA, which may not stand up

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

He prefers Jesus in the big games doesn’t he.

no

he apparently did a tactical analysis of real madrid at home and said they were very comfortable defending what was in the middle in front of them but had a weakness out wide, that's why even though jesus started he spent a lot of time drifting to the wing and city had periods where de bruyne was the centre of their attack

sounds like he simply didn't think it was a game for aguero

can remember pep doing things like that before, the CL finals vs utd he stuck eto'o and villa out wide and put messi through the middle instead

• Like 1

Recent pep interview about how it's fine margins between teams just shuts up nearly 99% of fans  on fan forums. Especially journalists. Just goes to show how far behind fans are when it comes to football IQ, stats and everything. 

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Confused 1

Â