Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

17 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

And it’s true, my cousin booked tickets in their new sensory lounge for the Villa game, only match he has ever attended, and he can buy 3 tickets for the final.  I have his city logon and password and can get 3 tickets.

Is his your cousin?

IMG-20200220-WA0001.jpg

Sad to say it but the Wembley litmus test is the train platform after the game, if we lose heavily and fans start to stream out after 80 minutes only to be greeted by city fans who couldn't be bothered to stay then they've hit the same shit level as utd, Chelsea and arsenal fans and this stuff about being better truer fans is bullshit 

I think the issue is City missed out on a generation that doesnt really follow clubs. A lot of people just follow players case in point Samatta. The 4 big name players in football now are Messi and Ronaldo naturally but then its Neymar and Pogba. City for all its talent dont have a name to bring in fans especially sad when De Bruyne is a billion times better than Pogba and Sterling is better than Neymar

Hope they get destroyed tonight / in this tie. No I don't like Real Madrid but they are the lesser of two evils in this case.
Primarily don't want another British side winning the European Cup, but there's also a small chance that if they get knocked out this season, their ban is (at least partially) upheld and Pep leaves, then the owners might get fed up and they'll return to where they belong. At the same time their expensive lawyers can take the fight to FFP, allowing us to swoop in and fill their void when the time comes.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hope they get destroyed tonight / in this tie. No I don't like Real Madrid but they are the lesser of two evils in this case.

Part of me wants them to win it to be the only side to have done so, and not been able to defend the title.

All things considered though, I'd love Real to do them 5-0

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Part of me wants them to win it to be the only side to have done so, and not been able to defend the title.

I wonder if them winning it might influence the decision on the appeal of their ban.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I wonder if them winning it might influence the decision on the appeal of their ban.

Could do... UEFA changed the rules after Liverpool won it and didn't qualify for it the next year through league position

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

I dont think Marseille were allowed to defend the title maybe Red Star as well 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Marseille were allowed to defend the title maybe Red Star as well 

Good points. I can't see UEFA going back on their own ban.

I'm interested to know what angle Man City are taking for their defence. From what has been revealed it seems to be pretty cut and dried that they broke the rules. Maybe they will appeal that the punishment is excessive?

As for tonight i would like an intense game 4-4 lots of drama and rough tackles. Break them emotionally and physically to keep the score down to 2 on Sunday 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good points. I can't see UEFA going back on their own ban.

I'm interested to know what angle Man City are taking for their defence. From what has been revealed it seems to be pretty cut and dried that they broke the rules. Maybe they will appeal that the punishment is excessive?

I think it's fairly common for this kind of thing to be appealed and punishments reduced.

I'd be very surprised if City managed to get off completely though.

Â