Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

If that's the case it will just open the doors for a "spend over the top, just get a fine".

Which tbh is fine with me, FFP is bulls*it.

Do we need something to help with stability in football? (And to help smaller clubs), yeah prob, but the answer isnt ffp for me.

Yes agree ffp is bs. We prob do need something to help the smaller but we we don’t live in an equal society anyway 

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like there will also be a points deduction from the Premier League - presumably next season?

I hope that’s not the case. Administrators directly influencing sports competitions is a big worry for me. If we’re concerned that there is corruption in football or sports in general, the last thing we need is a bunch of suits deciding league positions. Given that we’re not a trendy club at the best of times I can see the London centric FA targeting us for a points deduction just to punish us for our accents. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Absolutely crazy. FFP is now beyond a joke and actively harming football. "No investment in our sport thanks, we are UEFA". I hope Man City's lawyers overturn the whole nonsense in the courts and get the failed FFP nonsense in the trash can where it belongs so we can get back to football.

I think the main issue is the fact that UEFA believe Man City have been lying about the numbers on the balance sheet. If they’d have put their hands up and said “oops, we’ve overspent” they’d be in less trouble.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I think the main issue is the fact that UEFA believe Man City have been lying about the numbers on the balance sheet. If they’d have put their hands up and said “oops, we’ve overspent” they’d be in less trouble.

The only people who should be in a position to demand any UK football clubs accounts is HMRC and Companies House  plus if they are a public company the relevant shareholders and exchange. Its nothing to do with UEFA how much profit or loss a UK company has. This madness needs to stop.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I hope they fight it and tear the whole bullshit system down. 

They're the most financially sound club in Europe. The fact that they are falling foul of these rules while other clubs are allowed to rack up astronomical debts is insane. 

Clearly not - hence why they've lied about their sponsorship deals.

Also, **** state-owned football, man.  I hope they get buttfucked, personally.

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Clearly not - hence why they've lied about their sponsorship deals.

Also, **** state-owned football, man.  I hope they get buttfucked, personally.

They've lied about their sponsorship deals because of bullshit rules designed to prevent an upstart club like Man City from muscling in on the long established European Giants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Manchester City or state owned football, but these rules aren't designed to stop the mega rich, they're designed to protect the existing mega rich at the expense of everyone else. It's worth seeing Man City fight this and win to get these unjust rules changed. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

They've lied about their sponsorship deals because of bullshit rules designed to prevent an upstart club like Man City from muscling in on the long established European Giants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Manchester City or state owned football, but these rules aren't designed to stop the mega rich, they're designed to protect the existing mega rich at the expense of everyone else. It's worth seeing Man City fight this and win to get these unjust rules changed. 

Right - they backed all of this and then they get punished for breaking those rules?  Hilarious.  **** them.

Ultimately whatever Man City have done or what they deserve, we need to move past the schadenfreude of seeing them go down and rally behind getting the FFP rules changed. If we ever want to see the Villa lift a Premier League trophy again, we have to destroy the glass ceiling that is FFP in it's current state.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Ultimately whatever Man City have done or what they deserve, we need to move past the schadenfreude of seeing them go down and rally behind getting the FFP rules changed. If we ever want to see the Villa lift a Premier League trophy again, we have to destroy the glass ceiling that is FFP in it's current state.

Perhaps. But it’s just going to end with clubs being in a mess. If every Premier League club got mega rich owners and spent loads, what happens then?

Football is just pretty shit these days really. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Perhaps. But it’s just going to end with clubs being in a mess. If every Premier League club got mega rich owners and spent loads, what happens then?

Football is just pretty shit these days really. 

We are already there. At least if you watch football from a bigger picture.

PL clubs, even the "poor" ones can outspend pretty much all clubs in the world thanks to those silly TV deal. As you say football is pretty shit and absolutely broken.

Would be interesting to read about the lobbying and corruption that led up to UEFA punishing City. I imagine Barca, Juve, Liverpool, Mohammed Bin Salam and so on have been pushing pretty hard for this.

Not that I think it's wrong per se

21 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Btw, I hate what Man City have done, but I hate UEFA more.

See this is where I probably differ from a lot. I don’t hate city, what they did has always been done (especially premier league era). Blackburn won having a rich owner. Man Utd were consistently blowing away other teams with transfer fees and wages, in the early 2000’s they were purchasing players for £30m (a figure that until this summer most premier league teams outside the top six wouldnt dream of paying). They would also buy players with no intention of playing them just to stop teams getting stronger (I remember an interview with Matt Jansen, who at the time was very highly thought of, saying Utd had offered triple the wages of other clubs but he turned them down as wanted regular football, (probably regrets that as he got older) 

• Like 3

Â