Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ClaretMahoney

Lets all stare at Manchester City!

Recommended Posts

Didnt Walker play Centre back in World Cup in a 3. Not the greatest defender but a lot of City mistakes could be covered by his pace that Stones and Otamendi don't have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2019 at 17:03, theboyangel said:

John Stones out for 5 weeks. 

Normally wouldn’t be a big loss but having already lost Laporte for several months, Citeh don’t have much depth in their defence now. 

(Watch them score 4-5 goals a game now to mask over it!) 

You guessed a little low...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one city player in fifa world eleven. Just two players out of the Premier League who dominated Europe, the thing is rigged 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

de bruyne was injured for a lot of the year

sterling could get a nod but its messi, mbappe and Ronaldo up front

I think city are more of a sum of parts with some exceptional parts rather than a team with a best 11 player

there are maybe only 3 or 4 questionable players in that world 11, modric, ramos, hazard, marcelo, with hazard being the easiest one to replace with sterling or Mane, you could make an argument for Robertson at LB but after that I don't think there are many PL players knocking on that door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if Salah didn't win it or was even in the reckoning last year I see no reason why Messi should have won it this year. Its fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was voted by international managers and captains

Edited by Zatman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it no doubt Capello was one of them. What the heck was he doing there sitting next to Klopp anyway> 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Is it no doubt Capello was one of them. What the heck was he doing there sitting next to Klopp anyway> 

Why would one of the most successful managers of last 25 years not be invited to a gala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why would one of the most successful managers of last 25 years not be invited to a gala

True but I just remember him as our pathetic international manager, even Gareth Southgate puts him to shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulC said:

True but I just remember him as our pathetic international manager, even Gareth Southgate puts him to shame 

Yet Southgate hasnt managed Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus and Roma to league titles

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

press threw him under the bus, he didn't talk English, he was overpaid, he didn't understand our game...

players went along for the ride, did well in friendlies and qualifiers then went missing in the tournaments 

disagree that southgate puts him to shame, Capello did less with better players but that lies at the feet of the players not the manager, southgate changed the "don't like playing for England" culture and got a tune out of them but the flaws in his England team are for all to see

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

  Capello did less with better players 

I'm not sure I agree. While Capello had many so called "superstars" they never were exciting. Just same old names like Lescott or over the top, Stevie G. 

Today's England team is much more interesting, with greater prospects, Sterling who on his day is one of the best, players playing in better clubs with better managers. 

I'd say Southgate can't get their true potential yet, we don't know what Capello would have done with this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure I agree. While Capello had many so called "superstars" they never were exciting. Just same old names like Lescott or over the top, Stevie G. 

Today's England team is much more interesting, with greater prospects, Sterling who on his day is one of the best, players playing in better clubs with better managers. 

I'd say Southgate can't get their true potential yet, we don't know what Capello would have done with this team.

This England team would beat the Capello team. Maybe not better players on paper but better team. 

People forget Capello took over England that failed to qualify Euro 2008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This England team would beat the Capello team. Maybe not better players on paper but better team. 

People forget Capello took over England that failed to qualify Euro 2008

Sounds like a job well done by Southgate to me :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Sounds like a job well done by Southgate to me :P

Maybe but think this squad lacks egos which helps

Too many guaranteed starters who couldnt cut it in big tournaments like Gerrard 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but think this squad lacks egos which helps

Too many guaranteed starters who couldnt cut it in big tournaments like Gerrard 

It is interesting when you hear that generation talk about the national team and how they were never able to get on as the PL rivalries were so heated. It seems that Fortnite has now solved this problem for us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It is interesting when you hear that generation talk about the national team and how they were never able to get on as the PL rivalries were so heated. It seems that Fortnite has now solved this problem for us!

sounds daft but I agree its kind of true

id guess the social media culture means they are closer to each other than before, following the likes of tammy of insta you do see a wide variety of players commenting on his posts, the likes of steve bergwijn etc don't know if the relationships are starting younger so these guys "know" each other before they make the senior squads

it seems to be heading to like the NFL on twitter where there's a lot of love and respect shared around the players (normally) a lot of back patting goes on there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but think this squad lacks egos which helps

Too many guaranteed starters who couldnt cut it in big tournaments like Gerrard 

Come on he failed he was rubbish as England manager and got paid very well for failure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Come on he failed he was rubbish as England manager and got paid very well for failure. 

What did England expect, he had 1 tournament and got beaten by a superior Germany team regardless of what idiots like Redknapp said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What did England expect, he had 1 tournament and got beaten by a superior Germany team regardless of what idiots like Redknapp said

Finished below the USA In group. Couldn't beat Algeria, shocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â