Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

On 17/09/2019 at 17:03, theboyangel said:

John Stones out for 5 weeks. 

Normally wouldn’t be a big loss but having already lost Laporte for several months, Citeh don’t have much depth in their defence now. 

(Watch them score 4-5 goals a game now to mask over it!) 

You guessed a little low...

• Haha 3

de bruyne was injured for a lot of the year

sterling could get a nod but its messi, mbappe and Ronaldo up front

I think city are more of a sum of parts with some exceptional parts rather than a team with a best 11 player

there are maybe only 3 or 4 questionable players in that world 11, modric, ramos, hazard, marcelo, with hazard being the easiest one to replace with sterling or Mane, you could make an argument for Robertson at LB but after that I don't think there are many PL players knocking on that door

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Is it no doubt Capello was one of them. What the heck was he doing there sitting next to Klopp anyway> 

Why would one of the most successful managers of last 25 years not be invited to a gala

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why would one of the most successful managers of last 25 years not be invited to a gala

True but I just remember him as our pathetic international manager, even Gareth Southgate puts him to shame 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

True but I just remember him as our pathetic international manager, even Gareth Southgate puts him to shame 

Yet Southgate hasnt managed Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus and Roma to league titles

• Like 2

press threw him under the bus, he didn't talk English, he was overpaid, he didn't understand our game...

players went along for the ride, did well in friendlies and qualifiers then went missing in the tournaments 

disagree that southgate puts him to shame, Capello did less with better players but that lies at the feet of the players not the manager, southgate changed the "don't like playing for England" culture and got a tune out of them but the flaws in his England team are for all to see

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Capello did less with better players 

I'm not sure I agree. While Capello had many so called "superstars" they never were exciting. Just same old names like Lescott or over the top, Stevie G. 

Today's England team is much more interesting, with greater prospects, Sterling who on his day is one of the best, players playing in better clubs with better managers. 

I'd say Southgate can't get their true potential yet, we don't know what Capello would have done with this team.

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure I agree. While Capello had many so called "superstars" they never were exciting. Just same old names like Lescott or over the top, Stevie G. 

Today's England team is much more interesting, with greater prospects, Sterling who on his day is one of the best, players playing in better clubs with better managers. 

I'd say Southgate can't get their true potential yet, we don't know what Capello would have done with this team.

This England team would beat the Capello team. Maybe not better players on paper but better team. 

People forget Capello took over England that failed to qualify Euro 2008

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This England team would beat the Capello team. Maybe not better players on paper but better team. 

People forget Capello took over England that failed to qualify Euro 2008

Sounds like a job well done by Southgate to me :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Sounds like a job well done by Southgate to me :P

Maybe but think this squad lacks egos which helps

Too many guaranteed starters who couldnt cut it in big tournaments like Gerrard 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It is interesting when you hear that generation talk about the national team and how they were never able to get on as the PL rivalries were so heated. It seems that Fortnite has now solved this problem for us!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It is interesting when you hear that generation talk about the national team and how they were never able to get on as the PL rivalries were so heated. It seems that Fortnite has now solved this problem for us!

sounds daft but I agree its kind of true

id guess the social media culture means they are closer to each other than before, following the likes of tammy of insta you do see a wide variety of players commenting on his posts, the likes of steve bergwijn etc don't know if the relationships are starting younger so these guys "know" each other before they make the senior squads

it seems to be heading to like the NFL on twitter where there's a lot of love and respect shared around the players (normally) a lot of back patting goes on there

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Come on he failed he was rubbish as England manager and got paid very well for failure. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Come on he failed he was rubbish as England manager and got paid very well for failure. 

What did England expect, he had 1 tournament and got beaten by a superior Germany team regardless of what idiots like Redknapp said

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What did England expect, he had 1 tournament and got beaten by a superior Germany team regardless of what idiots like Redknapp said

Finished below the USA In group. Couldn't beat Algeria, shocking. 

Â