Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Citeh are a machine, they'll win it again. Liverpool will be their closest rivals but things like the AFCON effect on Mane will have a toll over the season.

Liverpool also have to go Qatar mid season for World Club Cup

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool also have to go Qatar mid season for World Club Cup

Indeed. Thinner squad too.

The top 3 will be basically be the same as last year. Probably won't be as close this time but you can't see it changing much, Citeh are too strong. They can rotate out players and still expect to knock in 5 and keep a clean sheet against 90% of the league.

In all honesty the league this year is most interesting for what happens to 4th, perhaps more than ever. 

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Citeh are a machine, they'll win it again.

Their three woeful centre backs worry me. It will  be impressive if they can win the title with 2 clowns and a laporte as their only centre backs. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Their three woeful centre backs worry me. It will  be impressive if they can win the title with 2 clowns and a laporte as their only centre backs. 

Their centrebacks are superb for the team that Man City are.

On 10/08/2019 at 15:14, sne said:

Was interesting but not surprising to see that Man City was once again allowed to get away with their systematic use technical fouls to prevent counter attacks.

It's a strategy Guardiola has perfected from his Barcelona days and since the ref usually gives advantage and allows play to go...

I don’t get it. What is a technical foul?  And how does it help?

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don’t get it. What is a technical foul?  And how does it help?

If they lose possession in the opposition half, they just stop the player from then counter attacking by bringing them down, obstructing them or pulling them down. 

They do it far up the pitch and often various players so they rarely get booked for it too!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If they lose possession in the opposition half, they just stop the player from then counter attacking by bringing them down, obstructing them or pulling them down. 

They do it far up the pitch and often various players so they rarely get booked for it too!

This has been a bugbear of mine for years. reading this took me back to Yanited doing this all the time to us. I think the big teams have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

20 minutes ago, welnik said:

This has been a bugbear of mine for years. reading this took me back to Yanited doing this all the time to us. I think the big teams have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

Scholes used to do it a lot 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Scholes used to do it a lot 

I seem to remember that vidic did it in a cup final, should have been sent off but the muppet who was referee was "mindful of the occasion" 

Cock 

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Must be frustrating for Liverpool knowing they need to have close to 95 pts just to have a chance winning the league.

I don't think Liverpool will get close to that this year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, welnik said:

I seem to remember that vidic did it in a cup final, should have been sent off but the muppet who was referee was "mindful of the occasion" 

Cock 

That was ridiculous. He was the last man and completely took out Gabby from behind in the box nowhere near the ball. Absolute cast iron red

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

That was ridiculous. He was the last man and completely took out Gabby from behind in the box nowhere near the ball. Absolute cast iron red

That wasn't a technical foul though. That was just a straight up shite challenge! :D 

• Like 1

I didn't hear it first hand, but it was mentioned on Talk Sport yesterday that during the Man United / Chelsea punditry Jose said there's 4 teams capable of winning the title.

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Man City's B-Team

• 1 month later...

John Stones out for 5 weeks. 

Normally wouldn’t be a big loss but having already lost Laporte for several months, Citeh don’t have much depth in their defence now. 

(Watch them score 4-5 goals a game now to mask over it!) 

Edited by theboyangel

Â