Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Man Utd and Liverpool spent buttons and fluff last summer 🙄

We should just knock man city on the head, cheating with their Arab money, and go back to its dominating thanks to their commercial power thanks to their global fan base 

Bullshit, Liverpool are best team ever when comes to net spend 😂😂

It's hilarious people just dismissing the achievement. A domestic treble is the minimum that should be expected and isn't an achievement :D

I swear if Man City won every single game they played in a season and won everything there would still be people saying it's not an achievement.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because they get great value for the players they are selling

Coutinho for £140m doesn't take away from the fact that put £300 - 500m worth of talent on the pitch every week same as city do 

Yeah they selll Bournemouth 40 million worth of "talent". Got 8 million for somebody called Kevin Stewart, no idea who he is

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ha, and here the is the thing, hardly anyone gives a **** about womens football and it is absolutely **** shit, not even Conference standard. BBC's agenda is absolutely ridiculous.

I dunno, Lyon women would run Man City close because they’re the world’s most dominant sports team 😉

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Its ridiculous. Their record makes it look like they are in some of the crap 2/3 team leagues in Europe, not a league where everyone gets 150 million a year just for being in it.

The last 2 years they have won 5 out of 6 domestic competitions, winning 84% of their league games averaging nearly 3 goals per game.

Barca/real/celtic/bayern/PSG etc arent getting anywhere near that despite playing league 1/2 level opponents every other week.

Liverpool lost 1 game all season and still couldn't stop them winning the league.

In total they played 61 competitive games this season, they won52, drew 3 & lost 6, scoring 169 goals. today was the 11th time this season they scored 5 or more goals in a game

Ah yeah but they spent a lot of money so it doesn’t count. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not really surprising that the same old people are just dismissing their achievement over spending money. Spending money does not = success; just look at Man Utd or Fulham or Aston Villa.

They’re an exceptional team and, as I said before, the best Premier League team I’ve ever seen. 

Based on the all or nothing show it will be interesting if he drops down a level to stay in the area or retire and ask city for a role

he definitely has something to offer post playing, what's worth more to him 2 years in a mid prem team / abroad or 2/3 years as part of peps coaching set up? I'd choose the latter

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on the all or nothing show it will be interesting if he drops down a level to stay in the area 

Man United probably could do with strengthening.

He is approaching the right age to play for West Ham and they already have his buddy Zabaleta playing there.

At only 33 he might be a bit young still thou.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

player-manager, they seemed to be big in 90s but sort of gone now. Managing takes a lot of time that I am not sure will work out

he might just retire after few months

Â