Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

That was the most entertaining game of football I've seen in a very long time.  In fact I can't remember enjoying a game as much as that (as a neutral spectator).  Not one for the purist as there was scarcely any defensive nous on show, but sometimes you just want a barnstormer.

I fully expect it will be exactly the same over in Monaco as I suspect both of these teams only know the one way to play.

And I think it benefits from Monaco having to chase the game from the off.  An early Monaco goal and it'll all be set up vehh nicely.

MOAR PLEASE!

• Like 3

It made me remember why I used to enjoy watching football before I started only watching Villa stink the place out every week. I need to start watching more CL games. It's the difference between watching a proper gig, and watching some pissed up bloke stumble over kareoke in the local.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It made me remember why I used to enjoy watching football before I started only watching Villa stink the place out every week. I need to start watching more CL games. It's the difference between watching a proper gig, and watching some pissed up bloke stumble over kareoke in the local.

Yes may as well just have BT sport for what you have its far better value for money than sky

As poor as the defenders are, they aren't set up very well. a striker with 4 attacking midfielders/wingers and Toure as the holding player is just asking for trouble. Just close your eyes and hope you outscore.

Edited by kurtsimonw

16 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's only the knockout phase that has some good games. The group phase is the most boring football around. 

It isn't, international football wins that prize by a country mile

2 hours ago, sne said:

Never really watched it before, but Championship football is rather terrible.

...and to think that we are currently 17th and six points off the relegation zone, having spent an obscene amount of money this season. What an absolute joke. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...and to think that we are currently 17th and six points off the relegation zone, having spent an obscene amount of money this season. What an absolute joke. 

It's well beyond a joke isn't it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Overheard that Jesus Navas has now gone 100 PL games without a goal, dating back to the 2013-14 season.

He does have 4 from the 13/14 season though so it's not quite as bad as it first sounds.

Â