Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would need to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. If they can get it down to 5 points it's possible. I don't see them making up 8 points if they can't beat Chelsea.

Probably wont but Liverpool won there so who knows.

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So Jesus is out injured, I wonder how motivated Aguerro is to keep Pep's roadshow on track???

Is it 200 grand a week?  I'm being facetious of course, but even the notion that a player could maybe not try his hardest on the field because of a perceived slight, whilst continuing to receive that kind of wage is f**king disgusting.  Suck it up buttercup.  Get on the field and earn your wage.

FWIW I fully expect that Aguero will perform, because I believe he's one of the better professionals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm sure he will be highly motivated. League title and champions league up for grabs, who wouldn't be.

Do you want a list?

I talk to fair few people in and connected with the game on a regular basis, the amount not motivated even at the top level would astound people.

I take the point on Aguerro being a pro, but still I think there will be a fraction of him not motivated to play for Pep.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm sure he will be highly motivated. League title and champions league up for grabs, who wouldn't be.

last year Villa had players paid 50k a week playing for their boyhood club and they couldnt be arsed

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 18:45, TrentVilla said:

So Jesus is out injured, I wonder how motivated Aguerro is to keep Pep's roadshow on track???

I assume his agent will have him very motivated. Given his age he has one more big contract left in him and if he wants a summer move to real Madrid then he needs to score plenty of goals between now and the end of the season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I assume his agent will have him very motivated. Given his age he has one more big contract left in him and if he wants a summer move to real Madrid then he needs to score plenty of goals between now and the end of the season. 

No matter what Aguerro does between now and the summer Real aren't going to come calling.

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why do say that?

Lots of reasons.

I just don't see them being in the market for a player that will be 29 before the start of next season.

Plus he is Maradona's son in law and a former Athletico star.

Besides I don't think they need him.

Benzema isn't clinical enough but fits the system. A true 9 like Aguero wouldn't be as effective in that system. It's all based on supplying Ronaldo/Bale. The striker has to almost assist more than score in most matches. It's probably the only club like that with that type of system, Suarez is a true 9 and fits Barcelona.

Which is why Benzema has lasted so long.

• Like 1

1. In which case I honestly think Giroud would be badass in the Real team, he's got a great 1st touch and good at lay-offs.  Plus he'd give them something else with crosses into the box.  He'd be a great fit, minus the pace and that he's over 30.
Edited by lapal_fan

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Lots of reasons.

I just don't see them being in the market for a player that will be 29 before the start of next season.

Plus he is Maradona's son in law and a former Athletico star.

Besides I don't think they need him.

No doubt in my ,mind and I didn't watch the Real game that Ronaldo is getting past his best. his pace isn't there anymore. They will need to sign someone, but not convinced Aguero fits the bill. Great in the Premier League where defences are crap but is he up there with Suarez and lewandowski, I don't think so.

Edited by PaulC

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So you think Real are going to sign Aguerro and change their system to accommodate him at the expense of Ronaldo?

No idea, I'm saying they don't have to stick with the same formation. Aguero has played there anyway. Barcelona shifted Messi out wide to accommodate Suarez. Things never stay the same.

Â