Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Aguero on the bench and Jesus scores again. I wonder if Aguero's days are numbered under Pep.

he did same with Zlatan at Barcelona. I could see Aguero going somewhere soon maybe even China

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It screws with my mind the fact that anyone would have Aguero on the bench.  I understand less and less about modern football.

Me too but Jesus three goals in 2 games, so its hard to say Pep is wrong.

aguero everything in the box is super low atm apparently.... There was quite a lot of talk in analytics about him not being optimal lone striker  last couple of years. So i guess pep is seeing that and changing it

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Aguero just hasn't been that good this season and I'm a massive fan of his.

In defence of pep (Zat will probably sue me for libel after reading this :D) I imagine he studied how integral Kun was to a Pellegrini side and also noted how many injuries he picked up in a season and saw how Man. City would lose form so a combination of things I think....

Wanted to rotate Aguero a bit more so he could be fresher for the business end of the season, not so crucial for the league now but could yet help them in the CL.

Wanted to get more out of City's wide players so play wasn't always through Kun. KDB and Sterling are both capable of 10-15 goals a season if they stay fit.

Just doesn't think Aguero quite fits his style (do many strikers?).

Be interesting to see how this pans out but it won't be long before Real Madrid are on the phone if he becomes available imo, they always wanted to sign him when he was at Atletico Madrid.

City wouldn't sell him to a domestic rival, no chance of that.

On 02/02/2017 at 17:23, kurtsimonw said:

Probably one for the "players you think are good thread" but Sterling really is excellent, if he weren't English he'd get more credit IMO.

I dunno...think he flits in and out, when he looks good and probably more importantly confident then yeah I agree, other times I watch him and he looks like bambi on ice, sometimes he just looks so unnatural running with the ball, his touch looks loose and he looks like he's got jelly legs

They paid English tax on him make no doubt about it and the nonsense about him being a snake in the eyes of Liverpool fans (I'd happily argue he didn't do much wrong, he just joined a better team from a team that refuse to believe anyone can be better than them) I think a bit of time without any credit could do him well, head down under the radar until the red tops start the campaign for him to win us the World Cup in 2018 

crazy to think he's 22 and coming up for 150 PL games and 30 England appearances

• Like 1

Â