Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Hughes will build his team around Barry and I would not be surprised if he is made captain ,unless one of the carlos kick a balls demand it when they sign.

Barry will have a hard time competeing with kompany and de jong, both are very acomplished holding midfeilders and I can't see Ireland not being first on the team sheet. I give til November before he throws his diamond encrusted dummy out of his pram. Wouldn't it be funny if he's on the bench at VP.

Ireland, Barry plus one of Kompany/De Jong will be the midfield 3 I reckon. Kompany and De Jong don't go forward half as well as Ireland and don't have the creativity of Barry, so they'll have to fight each other for the last place Ireland and Barry are nailed on to start in most games, in my opinion.

Biggest club in manchester????

Not. A. Chance.

That would mean they would also have to become the biggest club in teh world.

It would also mean they would have to win a hell of a lot of trophies to catch up to Man Utd. They are miles behind the likes of ourselves and Man Utd as far as trophies go.

I have seen on a few messageboards with Man City supporters saying people don't have a clue if they think City have hardly won anything. Plus saying that people must have only started watching football since the PL began. The fact is they are numpties and don't even know their own history. Man City have won very little throughout their history (four FA Cups, two League Cups and other nonsense). Not the worst haul ever, yet it shows that they haven't won much. Their fans are becoming deluded by the vast amounts of money they have.

Still a shit club and are still miles behind in trophies won.....

Is eto'o different because you cant say he lacks ambition? he's won pretty much everything he can with barca and city are the only ones sniffing, pretty shit all the same but he's not in barry's/robinho's boat IMO

but a bit of blind faith in dunne & richards at CBs and as i constatntly say hughes as manager and they wont do a thing still next year IMO

Barry will have a hard time competeing with kompany and de jong, both are very acomplished holding midfeilders and I can't see Ireland not being first on the team sheet. I give til November before he throws his diamond encrusted dummy out of his pram. Wouldn't it be funny if he's on the bench at VP.

Ireland, Barry plus one of Kompany/De Jong will be the midfield 3 I reckon.

Yep, it will be Ireland as creative mid, Barry as the linking passer and De Jong as defensive mid.

Similar to Liverpool with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano.

Kompany will be move back to centre of defence again and will be the Rio Ferdinand type ball playing CB.

I also think Barry will be made captian.

Is eto'o different because you cant say he lacks ambition? he's won pretty much everything he can with barca and city are the only ones sniffing, pretty shit all the same but he's not in barry's/robinho's boat IMO

but a bit of blind faith in dunne & richards at CBs and as i constatntly say hughes as manager and they wont do a thing still next year IMO

It will be Kompany and Lescott as the CB pair mate.

Not bad IMO...

Kompany is a better holding midfielder than centre half I reckon.

Although my opinion of him at centre half is only based on a handful of games he played there last season. He's a better holding midfielder than De Jong though.

kompany didnt play there last season so i dont see why sparkey would change it this

richards is better at RB but zabeleta will stay there and hughes will play him somewhere, dunne might be sold but personally i dont see the lescott deal happening

Kompany had a handful of games there and was okay. Not great, but he did alright.

Sparkey would change this because Dunne, as good as he's been, is not going to take them to the level they want to be now.

Everton will stand really firm on the Lescott thing, but I think in the end, money will prevail :(

Dunne most likely won't even be there next season. Lescott or Toure will be.

They have a better chance of getting toure I think.

I think there's a lot of denial going on, next stage, Anger.

some folks are there already.

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5 Acceptance.

I hope they crash and burn and that Gareth "Deluded clearing in the woods" Barry never plays foor England again!

Thats exactly what i want to read when i come home pissed (reading it with one eye closed obviously), Milner to shine in CM next season and usurp Barry. Sweeeeeet.

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

Taylor, Onuoha, Garrido, Zabaletta, Petrov, Fernandes, Bellamy.

It actually looks like a fairly decent side to be honest, alot of good, young players rather than massivel, high-profiled, mercenaries. This is if the likes of Dunne, Johnson and Jo leave as well, so they could be stronger, even if they don't get Lescott they'll still be very good.

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

It actually looks like a fairly decent side to be honest, alot of good, young players rather than massivel, high-profiled, mercenaries. This is if the likes of Dunne, Johnson and Jo leave as well, so they could be stronger, even if they don't get Lescott they'll still be very good.

Tevez? Maybe Eto'o too.

Given

Richards

Kompany

Lescott

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Ireland

Wright-Phillips

Santa Cruz

Robinho

Tevez? Maybe Eto'o too.

I can't see Eto'o going there, I believe he said he wants to stay at Barca. Don't think they will get any Class A players, Robinho will a stroke of luck since he wanted out and Madrid refuses to accept a bid from Chelsea.

Tevez.. I don't rate him very highly at all. He's not a tenth of what Robinho is, a worse winger than SWP and is about as useful as a fish as a lone striker.. could strengthen the bench though I suppose. :P

Â