Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

12 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I actually have a lot of respect for City Fans.  Not the Johnny come lately types but there are loads more that have been through the ringer with going down to the 3rd division whilst their neighbours won everything.  It's nice that they can lord it over Utd and it's them I hate with a passion!

Pep has a tough job on his hands though as like people have said their squad is average.   I think he will promote some youngsters and add some proper world class players to compliment Aguero.  Will be an interesting watch next season especially if Mourinho takes over Utd.  

I wouldn't have minded it so much if they hadn't used their unlimited funds to buy OUR players when they could (and did) have anyone in the world they wanted...

I couldn't care about them lording it over Utd... Its lording it over us that gets my goat... They were nothing... Zip... F**k all until they struck gold... Bollocks to them

They were always a decent club before the takeover. They had their moments like we did. In the late 60s they won the league with players like Colin Bell and Francis Lee and they have always been a well supported club so yes they were something.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2016 at 12:36, DJ_Villain said:

Their fans are on par with another team who wear blue and white and have the word city in their name...

rocket polishers the lot of them... Seriously think they are Gods gift just because they had Thaksin 'Im banned from my own country' Shinawatra bankroll them before they won the Arab billions lottery...

I hope Mansour loses interest and turns them into a Lidls.... Im sick of seeing their fans happy...

I respect the proper City supporters, who stood by the club in division 2 and suffered through the mid-late 90s. They are very similar to us - the proper and decent club of their city. However, there are some absolute cocks on the Bluemoon Forum. 

• Like 1

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 17:15, rodders0223 said:

Sterling - No where near elite level. £50m pound player who still doesn't know how to strike a ball properly. No better a player now than he was three years ago.

It is actually quite staggering watching a £50m player fail to get a decent connection on a ball time and time again.

I would love if United or West Ham caught them, be a brilliant **** you to Guardiola from Pellegrini

I could also imagine him having 2nd thoughts on deal if thats the case

Assuming they sneak in to the CL places then this is a very similar scenario to what he had when he took over barca, team struggling all year, not really challenging for the title, full of big name fan favourite high paid players that he'll have to shift and replace

so think i read they drew 3, lost 8 vs top 8 this year (out of 11 games). OR maybe it was other way round. But thats shocking.

Have they even won back to back games since october in prem yet?

Kompany has regressed a fair bit and some of his marking/tracking runs is horrible for such a high rated cb

Edited by gharperr

There was a rumour going round that there was actually a get out clause in Pep's deal if they don't make CL.

They'll pick up now, got us so that's an easy 4-0 and got other winnable games so think they'll start pulling away from West Ham and United again.

City has poached so much of our talents over the years then given us Ireland, Given, and Sinclair in return. I always want them to struggle. It would be great if they missed the champs league, didn't get Guardiola, and have Pellegrini leave. Plus they have a lot of aging players who have yet to be replaced, and their best player is very injury prone. They need a lot more signings if they want to win the champs league anytime soon. 

• Like 1

I'm close to saying they're 10 years off the CL but then you get a freak year like when Chelsea won it despite being shit, if pep is there for 5 years and wins the CL then you can put the arguments and criticisms to bed IMO I really do think they are that far off

If you then say money this money that etc PSG are closer than city IMO

• 2 weeks later...

City's record against top half opposition this season is nothing short of disgraceful.  Played 13, Won 2, Drew 3, Lost 8.  So that's 9pts from a possible 39.  Or 0.7 points per game.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Zatman said:

could happen, maybe even finish as low as 6th if Man Utd scrape a few more fluky wins

GUardiola really wont fancy that and would probably try get out of his deal

I'm sure he wouldn't be that bothered. He'll get a huge contract. £200m to spend each season and will be held in greater esteem if he wins the title after finishing 6th the yr before.. Win win for him really. Then in the second season if he gets them into champions league, the players will be more used to his style and he'll have the core of his own team and will be more likely to make a challenge for champions league.

He'll probably win the prem next season anyway, nevermind if he doesn't have Champions league to worry about, so I'm sure he'd swallow the Europa league for a season.

Â