Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

"The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) may have accidentally leaked Manchester City’s new badge."

Let's all look the same!!!

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/manchester-citys-new-badge-accidentally-leaked-by-the-government_sto5038781/story.shtml

marketing types are a fairly scummy bunch!

He was poor last season but this season that's a massive blow. Look at the defensive stats for Man. City when he does play to when he dosen't, Mangala and Otamendi were a comedy duo v Liverpool and Arsenal. They will start dropping points again, probably starting at Leicester on Tuesday.

Watching that game last night, it seems like City have too many players with big reputations who are just underperforming. De Bruyne is class. He provided so many great balls into the box. One thing about Leicester, most people said they would struggle when they came to the tougher fixtures. They have come through that period level top and even without Vardy and Mahrez at their best they can churn out results. Serious contenders for top 4 now.

Said it before for all the money they spend they still rely too heavily on Hart, Toure, Kompany, Silva and Aguero. De Bruyne and Sterling are looking good additions but players like Bony, Fernando, Mangala, Delph and Clichy are not good enough at the level City want to be at

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Delph yesterday was completely out of depth, hooked off for Navas. Offers nothing to this City team and Pep next season or not I'll be surprised if he even makes the bench there. Still atleast he will enjoy a medal or two.

Not to disrespect wives in general, but I have to say in Fabians case I think it was all wife. "Honey you know your turning down an extra 20k a week, by staying a Villa right?". Guess Fabian wasn't too thrilled with spending the next 3 years on the couch.

5 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Delph yesterday was completely out of depth, hooked off for Navas. Offers nothing to this City team and Pep next season or not I'll be surprised if he even makes the bench there. Still atleast he will enjoy a medal or two.

not the 1st time, against Arsenal he looked like a guy who won a competition to play that game. He was nothing special here and is proving it at City. He will end up at a mid-table team like West Ham or Stoke next season and also struggling break into their teams

Alternatively Cleverley has been very good in last few weeks for Everton and said it last season that he was better of the 2

Delph did not even have a good season last year for us. He recorded 0 goals and what 3 assists? City could have had Cleverly on free and would have been a lot better off. There were a lot better English player options for them to get. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I think Delph was good for us toward the end but he never had enough end product.

He's not good enough for Citeh. Will be at Stoke before too long is my guess.

Pretty Much this. Only signed because English and to make up HG players

On 07/01/2016 at 16:36, Czechlad said:

Delph did not even have a good season last year for us. He recorded 0 goals and what 3 assists? City could have had Cleverly on free and would have been a lot better off. There were a lot better English player options for them to get. 

I know the stats don't show it but Delph was head and shoulders our best midfielder last season and would walk into our team now. Proof that stats, while useful, don't always show the full picture.

I don't like saying nice things about Delph but I will say this - he was a big game player for us. He put in some massive performances last season and he was a leader on and off the pitch. I have my doubts that we'd be in the position we are if he were still here.

£8m was a joke fee for his ability and he handled himself very badly. But he was a good player and would certainly be our best right now.

• Like 2

Delph wasn't as good for us as Milner but he really stepped up last 18 months, look at his contribution in the cup run for example.

Big thing for me is Milner and Delph were both capable of breaking out from midfield, running with the ball and scoring the odd goal.

Who exactly in our middle is capable of that from the present squad. Veretout is slowly showing signs of it but we don't have any matchwinners in that area just like the other areas of the pitch.

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't like saying nice things about Delph but I will say this - he was a big game player for us. He put in some massive performances last season and he was a leader on and off the pitch. I have my doubts that we'd be in the position we are if he were still here.

£8m was a joke fee for his ability and he handled himself very badly. But he was a good player and would certainly be our best right now.

This.

I've been very angry at Delph for a long time, due to the way in which he left the club. I'm not saying that we wouldn't be where we are if he stayed, but he's a very good player. Anyone who says the squad wouldn't be better with him than without him, isn't being honest with themselves.

• Like 1

Â