Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
ClaretMahoney

Lets all stare at Manchester City!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd argue it's up there with one of the best moves he's made. Got rid of Lukaku for roughly the same amount it cost him to bring in Diego Costa. You can't have both in a 1 striker system and you aren't winning the league if Lukaku is your main man IMO. 

They're not winning the league with Costa as their main man either. He was great last season but he's looked like absolute shit this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They're not winning the league with Costa as their main man either. He was great last season but he's looked like absolute shit this season.

Oh I agree, this season. But it already paid off IMO with them winning the title, mostly down to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Link?

think it was in the sun, they're getting pep and then paying messi £800k a week...

pick the holes in that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd argue it's up there with one of the best moves he's made. Got rid of Lukaku for roughly the same amount it cost him to bring in Diego Costa. You can't have both in a 1 striker system and you aren't winning the league if Lukaku is your main man IMO. 

 

Costa is about 47 though and this season it is really showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lukaku will be playing for one of the best teams in europe before too long, yes the lad has his faults with technique and stuff but he scores goals season in season out. Last season he was supposed to be awful yet still got close to 20, he's still very young aswell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Chinese consortium have just bought a 13% stake in Manchester City's parent company for £265m.  They'll probably buy Messi, Suarez and Neymar in the January transfer window and be playing their home games in Shanghai before the decade is out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silly season rumours are that Guardiola and Messi will be at City next season.  The latter for 800k p/w.  I'd love that tbh.  Football is already broken.  May aswell enjoy the fruits of it.  Especially as we're not even likely to be in the same division as them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see Messi here.

I mean it's **** absurd that he'd be paid that much. Like sickeningly absurd.

But **** it. He's the GOAT. I want to see him here.

 

Edit: by here, I mean the Premier League, obviously. God, imagine if I meant Villa, and could say it with a straight face.

Edited by Stevo985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Edit: by here, I mean the Premier League, obviously. God, imagine if I meant Villa, and could say it with a straight face.

And by 'here' you mean the division above us, obviously :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

And by 'here' you mean the division above us, obviously :(

****. I haven't quite come to terms with that yet.

I was thinking I could go to Villa Park and see Messi play.

There's always the third round of the FA Cup, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you really like to watch Messi vs Richardson? the ref might call it off after 10 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best forward line Barcelona have ever had, they are very unlikely to break it up and Messi is a one club man. Think Ronaldo might leave Real though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Would you really like to watch Messi vs Richardson? the ref might call it off after 10 minutes

I assume Messi vs Luna happened at some point. That can't have been much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume Messi vs Luna happened at some point. That can't have been much better.

I don't think it will have done. Luna wasn't first choice when we bought him, and Messi was injured when they met Eibar in October (plus I'm not sure whether Luna is playing there at the mo - he started out first choice this season but seemed to have been dropped when we last discussed him). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BOF said:

And by 'here' you mean the division above us, obviously :(

They're already in a totally different league to us. We might all technically be in something marketed as the Premier League but half the teams in it have been playing in another league at another level for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Best forward line Barcelona have ever had, they are very unlikely to break it up and Messi is a one club man. Think Ronaldo might leave Real though.

Imagine if they bought both :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â