Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd argue it's up there with one of the best moves he's made. Got rid of Lukaku for roughly the same amount it cost him to bring in Diego Costa. You can't have both in a 1 striker system and you aren't winning the league if Lukaku is your main man IMO. 

They're not winning the league with Costa as their main man either. He was great last season but he's looked like absolute shit this season.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They're not winning the league with Costa as their main man either. He was great last season but he's looked like absolute shit this season.

Oh I agree, this season. But it already paid off IMO with them winning the title, mostly down to him.

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd argue it's up there with one of the best moves he's made. Got rid of Lukaku for roughly the same amount it cost him to bring in Diego Costa. You can't have both in a 1 striker system and you aren't winning the league if Lukaku is your main man IMO. 

Costa is about 47 though and this season it is really showing.

Lukaku will be playing for one of the best teams in europe before too long, yes the lad has his faults with technique and stuff but he scores goals season in season out. Last season he was supposed to be awful yet still got close to 20, he's still very young aswell.

A Chinese consortium have just bought a 13% stake in Manchester City's parent company for £265m.  They'll probably buy Messi, Suarez and Neymar in the January transfer window and be playing their home games in Shanghai before the decade is out. 

The silly season rumours are that Guardiola and Messi will be at City next season.  The latter for 800k p/w.  I'd love that tbh.  Football is already broken.  May aswell enjoy the fruits of it.  Especially as we're not even likely to be in the same division as them.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Messi here.

I mean it's **** absurd that he'd be paid that much. Like sickeningly absurd.

But **** it. He's the GOAT. I want to see him here.

Edit: by here, I mean the Premier League, obviously. God, imagine if I meant Villa, and could say it with a straight face.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Edit: by here, I mean the Premier League, obviously. God, imagine if I meant Villa, and could say it with a straight face.

And by 'here' you mean the division above us, obviously :(

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

****. I haven't quite come to terms with that yet.

I was thinking I could go to Villa Park and see Messi play.

There's always the third round of the FA Cup, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Would you really like to watch Messi vs Richardson? the ref might call it off after 10 minutes

I assume Messi vs Luna happened at some point. That can't have been much better.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume Messi vs Luna happened at some point. That can't have been much better.

I don't think it will have done. Luna wasn't first choice when we bought him, and Messi was injured when they met Eibar in October (plus I'm not sure whether Luna is playing there at the mo - he started out first choice this season but seemed to have been dropped when we last discussed him). 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

They're already in a totally different league to us. We might all technically be in something marketed as the Premier League but half the teams in it have been playing in another league at another level for years. 

Â